Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, this is more of a information thread rather than a question thread. I have a SCT X3/SF3 tuner for my 2001 Mustang GT I picked up from American Muscle. I just uploaded my 93octane race tune.. and MAN what a difference. But from some reason when I was stopped at a red light my idle would surge from like 1100 rpm-300rpm and sometimes even stall the car. So before I called BAMA i returned the car to stock to make sure there was nothing actually wrong with the car causing this surging at idle. Sure enough at stock the idle was perfectly normal. So i called BAMA to see what was going on. He(cant remember who i spoke with) asked me to download a different tune and see if the problem was present in that tune as well. So i downloaded the 89 performance tune and YUP there it was again , the dreadful idle surge, lol. So we figured out it was something wrong with the parameters on the actual tune. Now normally when you order new tunes from AM they take a few days to get the tunes from BAMA and email them to you... Not this time... the guy that was helping me told me to give him 30 minutes and he would send me 3 new tunes.. Sure enough about 30 minutes later i got a email with 3 new custom tunes. I uploaded them to my tuner then it was on to downloading them into the car.. Reinstalled the 93 race tune and NO MORE SURGING... So if anyone else is having problems with idle surge from there custom tune and purchased there tuner from AM and BAMA custom tunes.... contact BAMA and they will treat you right and get you new tunes in a very timely manner! Thanks AM and BAMA tuning.... GREAT ABSOLUTELY GREAT customer service!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
That's great news! Glad that they got it taken care of for you. The Bama team are a good group of guys and extremely knowledgeable. Any time you have a problem, hit them up during business hours and they'll do their best to fix the problem right on the spot or shortly there after!

Thanks for the great review, and enjoy the tunes! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
That's great news! Glad that they got it taken care of for you. The Bama team are a good group of guys and extremely knowledgeable. Any time you have a problem, hit them up during business hours and they'll do their best to fix the problem right on the spot or shortly there after!

Thanks for the great review, and enjoy the tunes! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.
hey chirs any info if bama gonna do a "ghost cam" like they have for the 2011's? :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts