Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparentely when you switch cars you have to buy back into the free tunes for life? I havent even had this tuner for a month and I have to spend another 150$ on new tunes when I get my GT this weekend? NOWHERE on American Muscles website did it say anything about this. That's false advertisement. I should be able to prove that its me getting the tunes by verifying a credit card I used to purchase the tuner and tunes from them or something.

·
Registered
150 Posts
that sounds pretty messed up. :mad: i bought a tuner from AM back in '09 before they had the custom tunes for life deal, and i told them my tuner broke, had to get it fixed by SCT, and that if i was still able to get the free tunes for life since i bought it before the deal had came out. they looked me up thru my email and said i was good. didnt have to buy into anything. hope everything turns out for the best for you

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I messaged him. I called AM and told them I could confirm my order number and credit card I used to purchase the tuner. Yet they still want $150. I just bought this tuner less than 3 weeks ago. I have had only good things to say about AM and BAMA until now. Seeing how nowhere on there website or Bamas does it indicate you have to buy back into the program when switching cars. Total false advertisement. The big logos that say free tunes for life should mean free tunes for life. I bought the tunes. My car did not buy the tunes. Therefor the tunes should go where I go. Not where my car goes!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sounds pretty messed up. :mad: i bought a tuner from AM back in '09 before they had the custom tunes for life deal, and i told them my tuner broke, had to get it fixed by SCT, and that if i was still able to get the free tunes for life since i bought it before the deal had came out. they looked me up thru my email and said i was good. didnt have to buy into anything. hope everything turns out for the best for you
I might try that, although I think they might realize my tunes were for a 6 cylinder and now I have a GT. Thanks me too! I am only 17 and use all the money I work hard for just to make payments and insurance. I dont wanna have to pay 150.00 bucks just so I can make a 380.00 piece of equipment work!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They should put that where you can ****ing see it. I dont even know how to get to that link. Stuff like this is what leads me away from using other peoples business. I guess I wont be using them anymore.

·
Registered
874 Posts
:popcorn

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have another question, for 150 bucks I could probally get a dyno tune. Would it be worth getting an intake and then a dyno tune? or just having to pay the 150 for 3 custom tunes?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have another question, for 150 bucks I could probally get a dyno tune. Would it be worth getting an intake and then a dyno tune? or just having to pay the 150 for 3 custom tunes?
I think an actual dyno tune will cost you more than 150.00, I am thinking close to 400. I talked to guy where I live, and he said its not really worth it unless your adding a custom cam, heads, or a supercharger. You might want to call around your area to get their input.

·
Registered
705 Posts
i got a buddy who does email tunes with sct if you dont wana waste the $150 he'll give you a good price... hes real patient and will work with you .. were actually working on my tune right now im in texas hes in michigan and he sends me log configurations and i datalog then he writes me a tune for the next step... but i dont think youll need to do that just me because were tryna get a good idle off my cams.. PM me if you want his email

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think an actual dyno tune will cost you more than 150.00, I am thinking close to 400. I talked to guy where I live, and he said its not really worth it unless your adding a custom cam, heads, or a supercharger. You might want to call around your area to get their input.
Yeah I was looking on a local website but I guess they were just talkin about putin the car up on dyno and giving you the horsepower/torque numbers. It just said dyno= 150.00 not much info about it lol.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i got a buddy who does email tunes with sct if you dont wana waste the $150 he'll give you a good price... hes real patient and will work with you .. were actually working on my tune right now im in texas hes in michigan and he sends me log configurations and i datalog then he writes me a tune for the next step... but i dont think youll need to do that just me because were tryna get a good idle off my cams.. PM me if you want his email
Depends on the price... for 150 I guess ill get tunes for life lmao when I hear that now because honestly its not true... Because I do plan on getting more mods as the paychecks come. But ill PM you and see what he offers. thanks man

·
Registered
14 Posts
So apparentely when you switch cars you have to buy back into the free tunes for life? I havent even had this tuner for a month and I have to spend another 150$ on new tunes when I get my GT this weekend? NOWHERE on American Muscles website did it say anything about this. That's false advertisement. I should be able to prove that its me getting the tunes by verifying a credit card I used to purchase the tuner and tunes from them or something.
Did you unlock your tuner while you still had the old car?

If your tuner is locked the fee is $150.00 to unlock.

Says so in the SCT web site tuner manual.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Must be a tune for life of the Mustang..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts