Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this tune installed with after switching to the JBA Offroad Xpipe and I'm LOVING the sound!! It sound so aggressive with the Pypes Pype Bomb axle back! Driveability isn't bad either! I was expecting the car to buck a lot but it's not bad at all. You just have to rev it a little more when starting out from a stop but it's not too bad. The sound is amazing though!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does this tune effect the way your cars drive or handles? Or do you know of any long term effects this could have on your engine? Thanks and by the way your car sounds awsome

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does this tune effect the way your cars drive or handles? Or do you know of any long term effects this could have on your engine? Thanks and by the way your car sounds awsome
I have a Cammed tune from Jon Lund. I run it almost exclusively. There are only two negatives:

1. Lowers in town gas mileage since it runs pretty rich. (All of these cammed tunes run rich at idle and slightly off idle.)

2. Jon told me on the phone to make sure I either clean or replace my sparkplugs every 20k or so miles if I run this tune all the time since it runs rich at idle.

Here are two of my videos showing how well my car runs with this tune. I really do need to do another video with the camera off to the side so it doesn't overwhelm the mic like it did on this first one.

And this second one is just showing the straight line performance of the tune:

These cammed tunes, both by Bama and Lund, are a LOT of fun! My 2011 GT now has 27k miles on it and when I changed the plugs at 25k, all eight of them looked awesome.

Edit:

Forgot I had done this video! This is a better video of my cammed tune. Of course, your exhaust setup is really going to make or break the awesomeness of what a Coyote motor sounds like with this type of tune.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It handles the same. It drives a little different because when starting out you need to rev it a little more like a car that has a cam. But no bad effects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts