Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any other tuner that I can get that doesnt use bama tunes? Seems like their tunes have been ruining my car... When I start it up when the engines cool it revs to 2500 rpm then lowers and then rises again... Its really annoying, like my car isnt loud enough in the morning.

·
Ole Red
272 Posts
I have a steeda tune that so far as done great. They combined a performance/race tune and it defintely woke up my car and pulled all my mods together. Are you sure you put in all the correct information when you filled out the questionaire? B/c I know if you put in the wrong pcm code or ecu code whichever it is then your car won't mesh with it correctly.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Is there any other tuner that I can get that doesnt use bama tunes? Seems like their tunes have been ruining my car... When I start it up when the engines cool it revs to 2500 rpm then lowers and then rises again... Its really annoying, like my car isnt loud enough in the morning.
I saw from your earlier thread you bought a used tuner wth old tunes on it. Have you bought new tunes specifically for your car from Bama?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
There are a lot of tuners out there that you can use, Blow By Racing, Lethal, VMP, Brookspeed, to just name a few.
Have you contacted Bama with your cold start/idle issue? Tunes sometimes work perfect the first time they are installed but many need some little tweaks here and there as every car is not perfectly identical or reacts to input the same. I've used the old Bama tuning as well as Jon Lund from Lethal Performance. Also have used BBR, and am currently running a custom Shelby dyno tune. All have worked well and most have been awesome as far as customer support and working to adjust tunes as needed. It's a lot to do with customer service and getting on the same page as your tuner as to whom I would choose.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got bama tune and works great, but the first time i used i did all the tuning myself on accident and worked great. Then i upped the octave answer didn't reset everything again and started acting retarded. I didn't realize i had the custom tunes till i called bama tunic.g and they toldme and the problem all corrected. so i would say give them a call them and talk with them and sort it out.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Drive to Lawrence, I'll fix it for ya! :naughty:

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
MyLittlePony1,

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with your custom Bama tune. If you're interested in giving us a chance to fix the issue, I would be more than happy to get you in contact with our lead Bama tuner (Mike Wilson). I'm very confident he'll be able to easily get your tuned straightened out for you!

Shoot me a PM with any previous order number you have from AM and I'll be able to get all of your info over to him. As soon as you get back to me, Mike will be in contact with you within 24 business hrs.

I'll be looking forward to your PM!

Shane

·
Registered
327 Posts
call BAMA and they can have you data log and fix your problem. They bend over backwards to help. Get in touch with Ryan or Mike.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had purchased the tunes for life and used all my correct information. Maybe I need to give them extra information about my car? I don't know but they never seem to work well with my car :/

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got new tunes from bama and I just loaded them on my car and let it idle for a while with a/c on and without. Seems fine but my engine wasn't fully cooled down so I'll see if it works tomorow. If not I'm gonna get a new tuner..

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I just got new tunes from bama and I just loaded them on my car and let it idle for a while with a/c on and without. Seems fine but my engine wasn't fully cooled down so I'll see if it works tomorow. If not I'm gonna get a new tuner..
MyLittlePony1,

Let me know how you made out today with the new tunes! I really want to get your Mustang running correctly for you.

I'm excited to hear the results!

Shane

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so after a few cold starts today with the new tune, I can definitely say that it made a huuge improvement. No more jumpy rpms and rough starts. I'm getting my faith back in bama.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
You gotta understand that with this email tune thing, sometimes it takes some back and forth the get it running right.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea that's true, theres little details they have to know which apparently I left out. So it was mostly my fault.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Ok so after a few cold starts today with the new tune, I can definitely say that it made a huuge improvement. No more jumpy rpms and rough starts. I'm getting my faith back in bama.
MyLittlePony1,

Great news! It's awesome to hear you're gaining faith back in AM/Bama. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Shane

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Too much money for the little mods I have

1 - 19 of 19 Posts