Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wtf...

i ordered a race tune from them about a week ago and haven't heard a word about it. i understand these guys have lives too, but damn... all i want is a courtesy email letting me know that they plan on providing services for money already paid.

anybody know what the deal is?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
You should give them a call. I've always been able to get a hold of them when I needed a tune updated.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Lots of posts about this lately. Doug doesn't have anyone working for him as he was screwed over by an employee. The guy named Matt actually worked their before, Doug fired him, gave him a second chance and did the same **** again. Than, Doug is going through a divorce and fighting to get his child back. Here's a thread about it a couple months ago. Doug has been taking money for orders and not filling them. A lot of people have had this happen to them and they had to file a dispute with their credit card companies. Although you should expect to wait a couple weeks for a tune. I don't think you're going to be getting it though. Might want to just file a dispute and order a tune from someone else.

BamaChips apology from doug himself... - WWW.S197FORUM.COM

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of posts about this lately. Doug doesn't have anyone working for him as he was screwed over by an employee. The guy named Matt actually worked their before, Doug fired him, gave him a second chance and did the same **** again. Than, Doug is going through a divorce and fighting to get his child back. Here's a thread about it a couple months ago. Doug has been taking money for orders and not filling them. A lot of people have had this happen to them and they had to file a dispute with their credit card companies. Although you should expect to wait a couple weeks for a tune. I don't think you're going to be getting it though. Might want to just file a dispute and order a tune from someone else.

BamaChips apology from doug himself... - WWW.S197FORUM.COM
****, that's too bad... i hate to take business away from someone that clearly needs it, but i'm not the kinda guy to give charitably lol. consider this my apology to bamachips from 101fng himself.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUESTION... i ordered my sct tuner from AM. AM's website sells "SCT SF3/X3 Power Flash Custom Tuners". Someone recently mentioned that SF3's can't do email tunes while the X3's can. So does the firmware update fix this? Will my SF3 even load an email tune or am i wasting time and money?

Oh and all these tuning companies mention LiveWires, X2s and X3s but never mention SF3s. WTF?

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That might of been me... I had my head up my ass and I was wrong. The SF3s will hold custom tunes. Here's a link for you.

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: VMP Custom SCT Tune for X2,X3,Livewire,TSX Tuners (all Ford Vehicles)
lol, i'm sitting on that link right now filling out an order. so vmp does one free update? as in, i get this tune for my headers and if i install my CMDPs soon they'll update the tune for CMDPs for free? if so, i'm sold.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Yes, I'm actually not sure if it's only tune update. It might be outdated. I believe they will do updates for 6 months but it's only for minor stuff like CMCVs or longtubes, etc. Of course they aren't going to write a new tune for a supercharger or nitrous.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn, sucks to hear that because the service I received from him was great, and his tune is awesome.

Have you tried calling him?
i said "**** it". he's got enough **** to worry about. i don't wanna take time outta his day to write me a tune. i'm not gonna dispute the charge... he deserves a break and i figure 50 bucks is a generous gesture of support in his time of need.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
i said "**** it". he's got enough **** to worry about. i don't wanna take time outta his day to write me a tune. i'm not gonna dispute the charge... he deserves a break and i figure 50 bucks is a generous gesture of support in his time of need.
Damn, you're a nice guy! Honestly... I wouldn't be doing it. :no

Put in a good word for me over there lol. I'm too much of a jew to lay down the extra $5 for expedited shipping lol. and i have jew friends so don't start with me. there's nothing wrong with being overly financially responsible.
LOL! I just pay him to tune my car so I'm not so sure I can do anything to help you out. I might say something and it end up taking months before you get your tune! Don't worry though, I saw a post by Justin the other day on another forum that said the wait time is about two weeks right now because of the Holidays.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn, you're a nice guy! Honestly... I wouldn't be doing it. :no

LOL! I just pay him to tune my car so I'm not so sure I can do anything to help you out. I might say something and it end up taking months before you get your tune! Don't worry though, I saw a post by Justin the other day on another forum that said the wait time is about two weeks right now because of the Holidays.
****... 2 weeks? christ almighty. and i still haven't fixed the clearance issue with my passenger side header... this is a bad couple of weeks for my car. btw, MACs without a tune will lose you around 5 MPG. just so you guys know. i averaged 22mpg all interstate a couple days ago. i went through a quarter tank today just driving to work, lunch, back to work, and home.

sorry bout the rant.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I don't know guys. The SF3 is SCT part #3015 and no where on there does it say that you can load a custom tune on there. And no where on that link to Justins does it say SF3 on it.

SCT Automotive Performance Products

The X3 is part #3000 and the wording in the description of it's capabilities for both are exactly the same with the exception of "Stores up to 3 custom tune files" and a short paragraph description of what that means.

SCT Automotive Performance Products

If they offer an upgrade, why even make the 2 different pieces if they can do exactly the same things. I would just double check to see before I spent anymore money for tunes. When I talked to one place trying to sell me an SF3, I said I was talking with a guy about writing a tranny tune for me and his reply to me was that I couldn't use the SF3 for that and that I needed part #3000, the X3. Just sayin'.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts