Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on these times I am pretty sure I can lower my 60' since I bogged a little but where else can I improve my time?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Bogging is worse than a little spinning with a 4.6. Work the clutch a little and power-shift. You should be low 13's with your mods.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yeah your 60 sucks, lots a room for improvement! What kind of control arms? What kind of front suspension?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shiftpoints I'm not positive abou to be 100% honest man.
The Only thing suspension wise that I don't have is an aftermarket k member. Old owner left me with uppers and lowers (not sure of the brand), aluminum driveshaft, steed sport springs, SFC, sway bars don't look stock but I'm not positive abou that one, adjustable struts and I put adjustable shocks on it.
Tires, I was running 275/40/17 Mickey thompson street radials...

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
4500 or more and come off the clutch hard. Sixty foot is eating up a good .5 easily

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Are you still on the stock axles? If yes, you should get some 31 splines before launching too high on those Mickey T's, but yes you need to launch it between 4500-5500 and see what works. I launched at 5500 once on BFG drag radials and got a 1.77 60ft. You could probably get another .3-.4 out of it with practice.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How hard is it to go to a 31 spline rear end?

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
time and money man, all it is

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha. Well I guess I'm just going to work on my 60 for now. I wish I knew exactly where to shift at though...

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
5800 max, helps with the shift recovery

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
At your power level, you should be fine launching at 4500 on MTs. With that same exact trap speed, I ran a 13.40 with a 1.9 60 foot when I was NA. So you can definatley improve more, better 60 foot, harder launch, and banging gears.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts