Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that this will be a very basic and common knowledge question for the majority of you all. I have no experience with Mustangs until this one. At the risk of asking a stupid question....... Other than the heads and intake, are there any other differences in a 94 GT 5.0 and a 5.0 from an Explorer? I know, I know..... dumb question right? I ask because I do not know for sure, and I can buy the whole engine from a wrecked Explorer for $600 here, so I thought it migh be easier to just get the engine instead of trying to get just heads and the intake for my engine (which is on an engine stand now). Also, will the wiring harness from my engine plug right into the Explorer engine, or will I need to modify it? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that the vehicles are different, but that doesn't answer my question. I know my question is probably a dumb question to someone that knows everything about everything regarding Mustangs, but I am not one of those people. I ask because I do not know. If the heads and intake swap from an Explorer to a Mustang with no problem, then is there a difference between the two blocks?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Explorer engines are popular because they have better heads and upper/lower intakes.. you can pull the explorer motor and slap it in but change out the cam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts