Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
I had a K&N intake that ran into the lower part of the front bumper. But after it rained really heavy twice it liked to stall and I definitely wasn't keeping that. Now I have a Spectre filter in the fender but it is at the very top of the fender now.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone shed some light as far as how good the k&n and others are at filtering dust particles

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
K&N is a good air filter. With that filter, most people get the same power gains with the stock intake when compared to a whole new intake.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
K&n is junk. Go with somebody like air raid or c&l

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Never mind in thinking cai. Not a drop in filter haha.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
348 Posts
You should stick with stock paper and the stock tube with the fender boot removed.

Unless appearance is your goal.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
^ he'll get slight power gains with a drop in k&n filter.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Some people might notice it but I don't think most people will notice a couple horsepower lol

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Of course.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
K&N will pay for itself after awhile. Clean them yourself and with a true cold air in the fender and by the ground they get dirty fast. So go ahead and get a filter you clean because its good to do it every six months. If you get a true cold air.

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
i had a K&N on my 92 foxbody; it was nice but the only reason i had it was b/c they don't make a CAI for the 4 bangers lol. on my 00 GT i have a BBK CAI. it works; doubt there is much in the way of gaining anything but it does have a nice suction sound when touching the throttle

1 - 20 of 24 Posts