Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I leave for Basic Training January 6th. When i get back i want to start doing some major work to the car. I wanna do the tr6060 trans swap, I want to port and polish the heads, and Put a X charger on her... I have some questions though... First is the anything else that needs to be done to the motor when i P&P? Also the P&P will probably be the first thing i do, so will i need to retune the car after i P&P,I know to see the most gains i would need a new tune but would i be able to drive her and it not mess anything up? What kind of price range would i be looking at to P&P? and will i have to retune for the tr6060? On to the X charger... I know i will need to put an 8.8 in her for the added power, but what should be done to the motor? will it be ok with out doing anything? I dont see me forging it so that out, but does anything need to be done to the valve springs or anything? Also will the X charger even work with P&P heads, or would it be better to leave them the way they are? With the tr6060 and the X charger would 4:10 gears be ok, or would it be better to stay with 3:73, or what about in between go with some 3:90's? Sorry for it being so long and for so many questions. I wont be back till august and just want to have most of the info together so when i get back I can start right in. All input, opinion's, and sugestions would be great. Thanks Caleb

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
On the supersixmotorsports site, they show a dyno of our car that had the stange 2+ heads with p&p, and it wasn 't tuned. You'll get better results with a tune, but if ssm didn't tune for it, id imagine you'd be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts