Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hahahha had my shift question so here goes the exhaust,,,,,sry bros lol will i get the same power with the bassani mid length as i would with a LT

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
you wont get near the same power with the mid lenthgs as you will a LT, plus they cost more than MAC's.

also i've only installed one set, and no matter what i did i would not get the damn things to quit leaking, all the did was leak. the tubes go together right before the collectors, and it makes for a REALLY bad leak spot.

finally the guy got LT's, and i threw them on for him.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ammount of time for somebody experienced to do it, amount of time for somebody inexperienced to do it, or shop labor cost? where are you located?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im located in CT and i was planing on bringing it to a shop just cause my machanic friends are unexperienced

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
a person that has basic mechnical knowledge can probably tackle it in a day, soembody who does it often 2-5 hours.

if your bringing it to a shop, be sure to bring it to a reputable performance shop thats going to fix it when it leaks. also be ready to pay a good $700 for install. if you were local, i do them for $300.

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
Well I'm not sure what KingChronic did during his install, but I know 3 guys all with Bassani mid length headers on a '03 termie, an '04 termie and a '03 Mach 1. No leaks to speak of. The guy with the '03 Cobra has had his on for like 3 years. They were on the car when he bought it. Yes, LT headers will see more HP gains, but not by a whole lot. The dude that has the '04 yellow termie has another friend with a red termie with the same mods, but he has LT headers and a shorty X pipe. He netted 5-7 RWHP more on the dyno. I've looked into them for 2 years since I bought my Bassani X pipe. I hope to have mine by spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts