Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy headers this week. just wondering what everyone thinks. Bassani or kooks both long tubes with high flow cats.which will make the most power, sound the best, and best over all product. i already have a bassani exhaust so im leaning toward the bassani bc it will bolt right up to my x pipe without having to buy another one.

thanks

·
Registered
664 Posts
Im in the same boat man. I have Bassani and want bassani for that reason also. I havnt found any vendors that are selling them yet though and bassani wont respond to my emails. Good luck and let me know how everything sounds. IMO I would go Bassani.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wrong on both accounts!!! ARH is the way to go...actually Bassani and Kooks are quality products and you couldn't go wrong with either. I will say, I called and talked to reps from each company and I was most impressed with ARH because it seemed they had done more extensive testing (primary lengths, diameters, tube configurations, etc... And most guys that are making extreme power with the 5.0 are using ARH. Contact Nick over ARH, he's a great gut who will give you the facts.

By the way, the fitment was great and the product really delivered...really woke the beast up!

·
Registered
664 Posts
I would defiantly like to go with ARH but I don't like mix and matching exhaust parts which is why I think im gonna stick with Bassani. Plus I don't want to have to get a new x-pipe to fit different headers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is probably a stupid question but have you asked if the ARH headers will bolt to the bassani x-pipe. I do know the ARH LT, high flow cats and x-pipe bolt up to the factory connection point. I've got magna flow street series catback and everything fit great.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I emailed Bassani about there headers a few weeks back. They replied and said that the headers are available at any of the dealers that sell their products. AndI agree, I have the Bassani catback and I would like to stick to one brand, so Bassani all the way.

Morty, do you have the axle back like your sig says or the cat back? Just wondering. If you have the catback did you have to get a tune for your car when you installed it? I havent installed mine because I was under the impression I would need a tune for the car, and I havent saved the money up yet to buy the tuner and C.A.I.

·
Registered
890 Posts
get which ever is cheaper LOL bassani and ARH are both great products that will yeild the same power

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have the Axle-back. You shouldn't need a tune though because your not replacing the cats. Once you get headers then yeah you will need one. Ask some of the guys. Im pretty sure Swervo has the bassani catback. He would be able to tell you. So bassani says the headers are for sale but I cant find any vendors online selling them. If they are their not listing them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Try calling the vendors, I noticed that myself, but maybe they just havent listed them for some reason yet. Otherwise, im not sure. I wasnt to worried about it just yet because I didnt have the money to buy them. Once I do, then Ill be bugging the **** out of them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Same here. Next mod on my list is an SCT tuner with 93 octane "ghost cam" tune

OP, I say get the Bassani. Only cause I really want to here what it sounds like. The videos they have on youtube are shitty.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
you guys are severely limiting yourselves by sticking to one brand. some companies make headers better than others but that doesn't their mid pipes are as awesome. personally, i love the power (and price) from the MAC headers and the sound from the prochamber on my 09, but i hate the sound of MAC mufflers, which is why i chose FRPP GTAs. the combo sounds amazing at WOT but very low key at idle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the Axle-back. You shouldn't need a tune though because your not replacing the cats. Once you get headers then yeah you will need one. Ask some of the guys. Im pretty sure Swervo has the bassani catback. He would be able to tell you. So bassani says the headers are for sale but I cant find any vendors online selling them. If they are their not listing them.
heres the only spot i have found them Bassani Headers 2011 Mustang GT - S5011R

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
Wrong on both accounts!!! ARH is the way to go...actually Bassani and Kooks are quality products and you couldn't go wrong with either. I will say, I called and talked to reps from each company and I was most impressed with ARH because it seemed they had done more extensive testing (primary lengths, diameters, tube configurations, etc... And most guys that are making extreme power with the 5.0 are using ARH. Contact Nick over ARH, he's a great gut who will give you the facts.

By the way, the fitment was great and the product really delivered...really woke the beast up!
I know you proclaim your set up alot. But does it have a raspy sound? When I just had the magonaflow comp cat back it was kind of raspy/droney. Now I have the x pipe and cat delete. And it's still kind of high pitched/raspy. But loud as **** lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know you proclaim your set up alot. But does it have a raspy sound? When I just had the magonaflow comp cat back it was kind of raspy/droney. Now I have the x pipe and cat delete. And it's still kind of high pitched/raspy. But loud as **** lol.
I went with the street series Magna Flow catback with the ARH headers to keep the sound down a little and keep a throatier sound. I like it, don't think it's raspy and I don't set off car alarms but you know I'm coming.

I like my set up, done a lot of research, talked to numerous shops and got opinions of those who race their Mustangs but in the end I don't think you can go wrong with many of the vendors people mention, kind of comes down to personal preference.

I try not to hate on anyones opinions, but like they say down south "the proofs in the pudding" and so far I've seen the gains I'm supposed to with each Mod.

Plus I'm just a car fan, I like hearing what guys are doing with thier rides and if something has value for the dollar I'm all about sharing.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Where did you order them from and how much did they cost you?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ninosport.com ... the headers were 995.95. the cat Adapters were 369.95 and if you use there discount code you get 68.30 off. so it came to 1297.60 shipped. i just cant wait to get them and put them on.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Post some videos after their on please

1 - 20 of 25 Posts