Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. Between Bassani mufflers (ones that come with the IRS catback) or Flowmaster original 40's, which would be louder? (idle, cruising, wot)

I do love my Bassani's, but they just aren't that loud, even without the baffles.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
I feel like the bassanis might be louder. Still running cats?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Even if the flowmasters are a bit louder, the tone is atrocious. Go with Bassani.

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been without cats since August lol. Currently running a Jegs O/R H and bassani catback.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
bull **** my flows sound nasty...
BUT there not 40s there 10s and they sound better than my mach one with full bassani's did IMO

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This doesn;t sound atrocious by any means (except for the rice burner trying to play catch up)

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
The sound of various mufflers can be objective. Those opinions will vary from person to person it matters if it sounds decent to you OP. Have you considered 10 series flows since you are looking for something louder and you have considered flows?

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
gravik, just switch to a straight thru muffler....

what was that? can't handle the loudness??????

:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
bull **** my flows sound nasty...
BUT there not 40s there 10s and they sound better than my mach one with full bassani's did IMO
Their tone just isn't for me. But I know some who do like them and it's definitely subjective. Just choose what you think sounds best because 90% of other people won't notice the difference between mufflers.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
im pretty sure the general consensus is that flowmaster is garbage these days (not in my opinion)...............look OP il level with you on the flowmasters and at least tell ya to go with magnaflow instead lmao

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Their tone just isn't for me. But I know some who do like them and it's definitely subjective. Just choose what you think sounds best because 90% of other people won't notice the difference between mufflers.
no no no dont feel bad your not alone. lololol

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Magnaflow is high quality. I think their stuff is fantastic, just a bit pricey typically. OP if you don't wanna break the bank, just go with Pypes m-80s or violators. Less expensive than Flows and IMO, sound infinitely better. LM1's would be a great choice for loudness as well.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
wish i could post this video from my phone, gaurentee youd re consider the 10s lol

·
BrandonRay
51 Posts
I've had the Flow 10's for over a year and a half now with a O/R H-Pipe And I love it. Its loud and aggresive from Idle to WOT. I get complimented on it all the time but of course its just personal preference..

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
im in no way a hater of flowmaster but whenever i think of flowmaster i think of some 17 year old kid whose never heard of any other exhaust company in his life going to the local autozone or pepboys then proceeding to do raunchy revs and donuts in his highschool parking lot with said exhaust hahhahaahha

hell my 1973 duster had off brand glass packs and sounded better than any flowmaster ive ever heard.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts