Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am running bbk shorty headers, bassoni catless xpipe and slp loudmouth catback on my 1990 gt. My car is lowered 1-1/2". My problem is the bassoni xpipe in my opinion fits like garbage. The flanges where it goes to the catback is literally like an inch or two off the ground and pretty far away from the transmission. It almost seems like the end of the x points down to the ground tooo far. Is this a common issue with these? Should i change my Xpipe? I love the way it sounds it is just way tooo low to the ground and the flanges scrape if you are not careful when you hit a bump! anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
On any of the mid pipes that I've had in the past that seemed to hang low, I just used a jack to tighted it up to the body and then tightened all the bolts holding it. May help you...

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
not the first time i've heard bassoni's **** fits like ass but this is a pretty common issue with mid pipes.. if you loosen the bolts from the headers to mid pipe a little and loose the bolts to the catback side. Put a jack under the x pipe (i normally put a piece of wood on the jack so the x doesn't get damaged) and jack the x pipe up as far as it'll go without ****ing it up. Tighten all your bolts and lower jack now your big pimpin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts