Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my x pipe for my roush does anyone know if u get an exhaust smell just for the fact the the cats are gone?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know if i should install it then or sell it because since i got the exhaust on the side its going to get pretty anoying or is the sound and power worth it?

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
i dont know if i should install it then or sell it because since i got the exhaust on the side its going to get pretty anoying or is the sound and power worth it?
That is probably a personal decision. i can imagine the extra fumes through the side exhaust would suck. If your Bassani is still in separate pieces (some people weld them together) you can buy the cats separately. The HP difference is minimal between catted and un-catted.

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
I can't seem to find the cats separately anymore. I know RPMOutlet.com used to sell them separately, but now they don't seem to anymore. I would sell you mine, but when I get my Bassani mid-length headers the cats will be going on. I'm sure if you search enough or watch ebay you'll find a pair.

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
how much of a difference in power and sound was it from a stock h pipe?
It was a pretty good kick in the pants IMO. Definitely noticeable over the stock mid pipe. Unfortunately I lost a little low end torque with the X pipe, but above 3000 RPMs it picks up really quickly. I can't wait to get my 4.10s in so I can pull hard through the whole RPM range. Some people like the X pipe sound some don't. I love mine. It's not as deep as a H pipe, but it sounds very throaty with my Magnapacks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts