Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car use to not be able to start in the morning since it was cold and after i got my engine replaced and i installed my CAI and Throttle body it never did it again. the battery light as been coming on and off every few minutes for the past four days and now this morning it didnt start....Think i might need another battery?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
more than likely it's the battery, have it tested at the auto parts store, if its not the battery then try the altenator, i went through the same problem with my altenator but i ended up replacing both. p.s. if it is the altenator don't get one from carquest they are a piece of **** went through 3 in one year!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
<--Says its time for a new battery.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went to to auto zone awhile back when it first started happening and they said the battery was fine, but just the fact that the battery light keeps coming on while im driving is making me think other wise and its probably not the alternator because when i turn the key it still turns it just wont crank up until half a million trys or for some reason when it gets warmer outside

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
the only thing i wonder is if the regulator in the altenator is bad mine went bad and sometimes it would charge sometimes it wouldn't hmmmmmmmm? my light would come on and go off just like yours is doing it had a mind of its own somedays it wouldn't do it until the motor got warm.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea thats whats happening. so which to get first the battery or the alternator?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
man, personally i would check the battery once more before you spend 50-100 bucks on a new battery, if its bad then get one. because if you do end up needing the altenator it will set you back about 200 bucks.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
true true....well as soon as it starts up im gonna go back to auto zone get it checked. i hope its neither of them.....i was gonna order my UPR Offroad x-pipe today!!!!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
been there done that, i was in the process of ordering my uderdrive pulleys when my alt went out, good luck man!

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
o yea just to be sure...was your fuel pump still coming on when it didnt start? now it says that the fuel pressure is low

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
yeah it was kicking on, the biggest problem i had was when the altenator went out it was causing a magnetic field around the camshaft position sensor and causing a check engine light i got on the internet and google searched my problem and several people had this issue i had never heard of it before, i was like what the f*ck.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well mines not kicking on at all.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol yea. well ima let you no what happens

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Being that the battery light came on and off sounds like your alt may be goin bad and not charging your battery properly. Battery is the easiest to check, if that checks of look to the alt next.

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Sheep
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well auto zone says that there is nothing wrong with my battery so i guess i gotta wait till this weekend to take the altenator to get tested

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
yea its deff not the battery.. it sounds like a spark issue?? but i dont know for sure?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts