Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lesbian Carwash
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever hot swapped a battery in one of these before? I have a whole mess of settings I'd rather not lose.

Sent from my carburetor.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
What kind of settings are you talking about? Any KAM data will be saved as long as you don't spend too long actually swapping the battery. It's not like you're gonna lose your tune or anything. You can hot swap a battery in any car if the alternator is working.

·
Lesbian Carwash
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of settings are you talking about? Any KAM data will be saved as long as you don't spend too long actually swapping the battery. It's not like you're gonna lose your tune or anything. You can hot swap a battery in any car if the alternator is working.
To be honest it's this damn radio. They did some crazy settings to get my iPod to run right and didn't tell me. I don't want to lose that.

Are you suggesting the method of just leaving the car running and swapping the battery?

Sent from my carburetor.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
To be honest it's this damn radio. They did some crazy settings to get my iPod to run right and didn't tell me. I don't want to lose that.

Are you suggesting the method of just leaving the car running and swapping the battery?

Sent from my carburetor.

I thought that was what you were talking about, but yes. I know when we had to start a car wih a dead battery and didn't have jumper cables we would put the good battery in, start the car, and then swap batteries so the dead one could charge.
I would think your radio would have some kind of battery back up.

·
Lesbian Carwash
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might just grab the line behind the terminals with jumpers and have them connected to a spare I keep.

Sent from my carburetor.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I just disconnected my battery in my truck to reset the check engine light, reconnected 3 minutes later and all my stations were still there..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts