Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery icon has been flicking on and off very quickly for the last few weeks, no its coming on and staying on for a few seconds as I drive very regularly. Its a Die Hard battery and I just bought it last year so I know its not a power problem... I checked the leads and they are fine, and there is no residue building on the terminals or any other problem with the connection. Im getting full power with everything. The car only has 54,800 miles on it, Ive had three 4.6L mustangs and this is the first I can say this has happened. Its hard starting a little..sometimes it turns over excessively before firing, the idle is a little low and this stuff coupled together makes me think alternator...Should I have the alternator tested? Is this just a computer fart?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Alternator is going on you, you won't want to be driving when it dies, you won't make it 10 miles before your battery craps out on you.

·
Registered
343 Posts
probably alternator
when the car is on, unplug the battery, if the car keeps running, your alternator is fine

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Using a dvom put the pos lead on the pos wire/nut on the alternator and the negative lead on a ground. It should read 14.4 +/- .1-.2 or so. If not your alternator is takin a dump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts