Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

So yesterday was the 3rd time in 4 months I had to get a new battery because it was completely dead:mad:. I'v checked the alternator, and the batteries have been fine because they were brand new. The only electrical work done to it is a CA-670 code alarm, and nothing else. It only dies when I don't drive it for a couple of days(even though I turn it on and leave it on for at least 15 minutes every day). I bought the car last spring, so during the summer I drove it everyday so no problem. During the fall/winter though it's been pain. Any ideas on what I could do? Could it be that the alarm wasn't installed the right way? Thanks

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
sounds like the alternator's not charging it. take it to Advance Auto Parts and have them test the alt and battery. it's free, too...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the alternator was the first thing I checked, and it turned out to be fine, then i got a new battery and that died too. the only thing i can think of right now is the alarm

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
the alternator was the first thing I checked, and it turned out to be fine, then i got a new battery and that died too. the only thing i can think of right now is the alarm
did u get it installed professionally? take it back to em and tell em its ****in up ur battery

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies

but yeah, i just gotta bring it to the place where i got the alarm done cuz i don't know what else i can check, they better fix it cuz i'm getting sick of this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts