Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my battery. If price isn't an issue, which is the best to get? I assume Optima - which one?

Any alternatives?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Optima is probably the best performance battery out there but they are pricey. There is no best one without knowing the application. Red and Yellow seem to be the ones people are going with but I've actually looked into the Blue top ones too. They are a deep cycle marine battery. Why you ask? At the track I run my battery down pretty low with my electric H2O pump and hi-speed fan between runs. A marine deep cycle might be the best if you constantly run the battery down and recharge it. Do you have a heavy draw stereo system? Many things to consider when figuring out the best battery.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Red has the most cold cranking amps for starting your car, yellow has the deeper cells which allows you to run accessories longer when the car is off

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i think i have the red and ive had it for two yrs and no problems

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I have 2 yellows one for the mustang and one for a dodge durango, Never had trouble starting the durnago even after a week of sitting.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I just put a oem motorcraft back in for half the price of a red top.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
But those stock batterys are sooo weak in our cars.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies. I think the Yellow Top is the best one for me after more research. I tend to drain the battery at the track because of the water pump, intercooler fans, fuel pumps, etc.

Anybody know the difference between a D34 and a D35?

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I think the Yellow Top is the best one for me after more research. I tend to drain the battery at the track because of the water pump, intercooler fans, fuel pumps, etc.

D34 D35 refers to battery group size. The actual physical dimensions of the battery itself as well as the CCA and CA.

The 34 shows more CCA and is 1 in longer.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts

Some also include side terminals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts