1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
What tires are those?

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
et streets from my experince hook like crazy sometimes almost to good.i do a little more street than track play so this time around i chose to go with a 315 35 toyo proxy which i think will be a little more streetable

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
If your gonna hit the and want the best ETs get the Mickeys. If you want a sticky tire for your DD get the Nittos. I run 305-35-18 with 475hp and I can hook in second and get damn good traction in first. When I had em at the track they would bog me down launching around 3.5K rpm. I have about 6k miles on mine with plenty of life left in them too.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your gonna hit the and want the best ETs get the Mickeys. If you want a sticky tire for your DD get the Nittos. I run 305-35-18 with 475hp and I can hook in second and get damn good traction in first. When I had em at the track they would bog me down launching around 3.5K rpm. I have about 6k miles on mine with plenty of life left in them too.
I Dnt have that much power lol but I really wanna hook off the hole as hard as possible where I live we only have 1/8th mile tracks so I would like to come off the line as hard as possible I had 295/45/17s before they where good then I got new rims and I'm running 275/35/17 and spun the whole way down the track.. And I Dnt use the car all tht much just a weekend warrior

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm buying new tires today and going with 315/35/17 but of the two would like to know opinion on which stick better at the track View attachment 33687

I have those tires on my car now, I think you are looking at the NT05r 315-35-17. They fit good, no rubbing and they hook on the streets to alot better than the nitto 555r. Alot of people say the m/t 315-35-17 are better. I have never tried them. Check out Discount Tires if you are looking for the NT05r

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Love my toyos proxes. Will definitely be going with another set for sure!! Sooo meety and hook great!!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I like my toyo drag radials too. Get good life out of them, and hook good.

But next time Ill be going with MT ET street II's.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
From what I have heard hte Mickey Thompsons are the best. They are what I will be going with for my next tire. Also heard great things about the toyos proxes.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Can't even see those lol I heard these are pretty good though :dunno thinking about picking a pair up to replace my sumis actually
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II - 315/35-17 3744R - Free Shipping!
I have these - the best tire you can get and still Made in the USA!

The cheapest way to get these tires is this weekend: 3744R Mustang Mickey Thompson Tire ET Street Radial II 315/35-17 Drag Tire | CJ Pony Parts

Okay, so CJ's sells them for $271 a piece with free shipping. Two of them will run you $542. However (this weekend) for every $100 that you spend at CJ's, you'll get a $30 dollar gift card (you can get up to $150.00 in gift cards per order). So, you'll spend $542 minus the $150.00 gift card equals a cost of $392 for two tires or $191 per tire. Use the $150.00 gift card within a month on another upcoming sale or 20% off weekend. Best kept secret on here...lol

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nitto are very good but the Mickey ET are alot better, but you get less mileage out of them. What was told to me and yes I can verify it. Nitto are good for about 500hp and Mickey are for +500hp. When I had my car at the dyno. I have Nitto DT. my car keep trying to come off the dyno. So he had to swap out my wheels with his mickey et. Then try to do the dyno. He told me I need to get "Real" tires for my car.. I just laugh..

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
^ ha that's kinda scary. I've never heard of that happening before I'm not going to have that problem am I? I have the worlds worst tires right now. Really can't afford to put new tires on it tho. I know I won't be anywhere near 650whp like you are but you got me worried my cars going to fly off the dyno or something lol

Edit: I don't want to be this guy
http://youtu.be/Es9iXxmyE2Y

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
if its not going to be on the street then get some QTP's from Hoosier or some straight up slicks...

otherwise MT E.T. Streets are the best for track and street use, however they do tend to wear out quite a bit faster than the Nitto NT05 or the Nitto NT555r's because they are softer/sticker tires.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have these - the best tire you can get and still Made in the USA!

The cheapest way to get these tires is this weekend: 3744R Mustang Mickey Thompson Tire ET Street Radial II 315/35-17 Drag Tire | CJ Pony Parts

Okay, so CJ's sells them for $271 a piece with free shipping. Two of them will run you $542. However (this weekend) for every $100 that you spend at CJ's, you'll get a $30 dollar gift card (you can get up to $150.00 in gift cards per order). So, you'll spend $542 minus the $150.00 gift card equals a cost of $392 for two tires or $191 per tire. Use the $150.00 gift card within a month on another upcoming sale or 20% off weekend. Best kept secret on here...lol
My friend u just came so clutch right now

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^ ha that's kinda scary. I've never heard of that happening before I'm not going to have that problem am I? I have the worlds worst tires right now. Really can't afford to put new tires on it tho. I know I won't be anywhere near 650whp like you are but you got me worried my cars going to fly off the dyno or something lol

http://youtu.be/Es9iXxmyE2Y
I herd it was an insurance job :D

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO - dyno crash (driversweb.cz) - YouTube
Haha you will be fine on the dyno. Even with bad tires you wont spin on the dyno. I didnt spin with 500rwhp on street tires and im putting down way more than you will.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts