Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the plan so far. I am planning on swapping my mod motor for a 496BBC. I have the K-member (AJE), headers (Lemons), driveshaft (Custom), transmission (TH400), transmission mount (AJE), and measurements (narrower than the mod motor) covered. I am trying to think of any small hang ups that could be engineered out before I get ready to throw the new power plant in. Any thoughts??

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
OK, here's the plan so far. I am planning on swapping my mod motor for a 496BBC. I have the K-member (AJE), headers (Lemons), driveshaft (Custom), transmission (TH400), transmission mount (AJE), and measurements (narrower than the mod motor) covered. I am trying to think of any small hang ups that could be engineered out before I get ready to throw the new power plant in. Any thoughts??

:rockon:drink thats what i think of it. and the rest of this theadi will just kick back and watch the flaming. :popcorn

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would you do such a thing? I think you need a 4V 5.4 big bore.
I'm tired of playing with expensive garbage.

The excessive cost and low power output of the mod motor is gettin old.

I will still play with my mod motors, but I'm tired of being a step or two behind the big boys around here.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think if I was going to put a chevy in a mustang,I would put a big inch small block with a power adder, one actually won hot rods america's fastest street car competion(small block power adder). I think the small block is a better "fit" for a mustang,imo
I considered that for a long time, but I love the big blocks and nothing screams TQ like 496 cubic inches of goodness. I am shootin' for 600/600 rear wheel and then hit it with the good stuff.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Dont forget your gonna need a flux capacitor and 1.21 gigawatts of power for that setup, lol

On topic...is that engine going to fit with the hydraboost system and also the abs system...or are you running a different brake setup?

·
Registered
347 Posts
if ya want to swap ur engine into my car i am more than willing. lol

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont forget your gonna need a flux capacitor and 1.21 gigawatts of power for that setup, lol

On topic...is that engine going to fit with the hydraboost system and also the abs system...or are you running a different brake setup?
It looks like it will by the measurements. I am going to have to run short valve covers.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you want to go big block,don't limit yourself to 496ci(unless you have already) 496 and 502's come stock now adays. it does not cost that much more to go to 572,pretty common and reasonably priced
I like the bore and stroke of the 496. It is well suited to my needs. I didn't just pick some random number out there.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
when you plan on having it complete? looks like i need to get up there fairly early this summer to race your current set up.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope about 2-3 months will be long enough to get this done, but it will probably end up being 5-6 months.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yea ,,thats what I like to here ,, I have 540 merlin bbc in my other stang..they fit better than 4.6, made my headers...I ran low 9s ... 1.20 60 ft. times

·
Registered
753 Posts
1992 gt..car is scary fast ..blew the 8.8 and had a spool in with pro gears..I installed a moser dana 60..with four link...I will run again this spring

·
Registered
753 Posts
BUILT FORD TOUGH WITH CHEVY STUFF....

1 - 20 of 127 Posts