Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in buying this on my next check. Who here is running it? I Am running a 100 shot so i thought i might as well replace the air intake and throttle. Just want some reviews. Thanks

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I'm interested in buying this on my next check. Who here is running it? I Am running a 100 shot so i thought i might as well replace the air intake and throttle. Just want some reviews. Thanks
Don't have one but it seems like a good idea especially since you have a 100 shot on it. I say go for it. :D

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Love mine...going to be boosting with it!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I had it on my 03gt and loved it, I thought it was a good part.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah and I'm saving up for a JLT intake too. Can someone help me find a thread that told us how to paint the intakes? I'f i remember there was one.. just can't remember....

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Yeah and I'm saving up for a JLT intake too. Can someone help me find a thread that told us how to paint the intakes? I'f i remember there was one.. just can't remember....
If you're talking about the air intake, JLT does it through themselves.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That's all I need to hear. Thanks boys. So my little list for summer.
100 shot - done
JLT cold air-next
BBK throttle intake-next
3" O/r H
Mac 3" cat back

This thing is gonna be funnn

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
JLT charges a $15 charge on top of the price of the intake to do that painting. From what I've seen if you want it to match it's well worth the $15. I'll be ordering one in the next month or so.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Is it really a noticeable gain? N/a with stock heads and cam's guys. It does dress up the car ALOT! I'm just worried about LOSING performance as i've heard if you have a more stock side engine with minor bolt ons.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
You won't lose performance. You also won't pick up anything major. You'll pick up a little but nothing that will make you say "OMG". The bolt ons do add up though.

I would be highly surprised if you actually lost anything, and I would actually need to see dyno proof from multiple cars to believe you would lose anything.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
throttle responce is a lot better

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is the JLT intake worth getting? Right now my car is basically stock except for my mac catback. I just have my stock intake with the air silencer removed and a K&N air filter. I was looking at american muscle.com and they have these generic brand cold air intakes for $85. Are these crap compared to the BBK or JLT?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Is the JLT intake worth getting? Right now my car is basically stock except for my mac catback. I just have my stock intake with the air silencer removed and a K&N air filter. I was looking at american muscle.com and they have these generic brand cold air intakes for $85. Are these crap compared to the BBK or JLT?
Yes, they are crap compared to JLT, and no, you won't benefit any more from a JLT than you will with the drop in K&N with your mods.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
You won't lose performance. You also won't pick up anything major. You'll pick up a little but nothing that will make you say "OMG". The bolt ons do add up though.

I would be highly surprised if you actually lost anything, and I would actually need to see dyno proof from multiple cars to believe you would lose anything.
I have personally been involved with 3 cars that went with the 78mm set up, all of the cars have been to the track enough to rely on their past numbers, ALL lost et. with it & ALL gained it back when they switched back to their old set up, IMO, too big unless a 5.4 or F/I. :2cents

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Casper, Does Nitrous count as F/I? cause im running a 100 shot right now.. I thought since i am going to be putting out alot more that it would be ok to exceed the 75...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.