Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found this CAI on Creigs list for 125 and the guy said it has never been used, and is brand new. Is the BBK CAI worth $125?

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
So I found this CAI on Creigs list for 125 and the guy said it has never been used, and is brand new. Is the BBK CAI worth $125?
I'd say so man...BBK's a good brand

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks. :) I wasn't sure if it would be any good since it is made of steel. I have a meeting with the guy this upcoming friday to look at it and if its in the condition he saws it is I will pick it up. Do you think I will have any problem with heat soaking?

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Nah...I've got the same one lol mine's done good for 3 years haha

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Or you could call Brenspeed, tell them your a forum member, and have a brand new MAC CAI at your door in a week for $80 or so.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Or you could call Brenspeed, tell them your a forum member, and have a brand new MAC CAI at your door in a week for $80 or so.
Brenspeed makes deals with us??

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Mine works fine. Fitment could be slightly nicer but nothing game breaking. Looks nice at least.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
It fit on the car, it just left a gap where I can look into the fender. It's not a bad piece and I may just be an outlier.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm well then that is a game changer? So all I have to do is call brenspeed and tell them I'm a forum member and they will hook me up you say? I am going to call them on monday after I get out of class and check into this cause if this is the case I will go with them. :) Do they make good products?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
My CAI from them is a MAC which I believe is a more reputable company than BBK. I hade zero figment issues and my IATs stay right ambient, so I'm happy with it.

·
Banned
416 Posts
BBK isn't known for their superior quality control. It's more of a "cheap brand" than anything else and I personally stay they hell away from their products. I also would not recommend a steel tube because that WILL equate to higher IAT's. Just my 2 cents...

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
just go buy this one and save some cash for other mods

Mustang GT Cold Air Intake at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

name brands you are paying for the name pretty much, cai will result in little HP gain on a stock/close to stock motor, looks cool under the hood though

and you dont have to worry about heat soak, the air movies through there fast enough its not gonna make a difference, maybe if you went with a short ram it would, but a fender well pulls the air from outside the engine bay

i think there was a thread where a member actually tested this myth out, i believe it was sharkbait

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
BBK isn't known for their superior quality control. It's more of a "cheap brand" than anything else and I personally stay they hell away from their products. I also would not recommend a steel tube because that WILL equate to higher IAT's. Just my 2 cents...
Until you do some real world IAT comparison's like I have, don't go repeating marketing BS that you have no real knowledge of. My IATs, with a dreaded metal pipe, stay right at ambient. Now unless your plastic or PVC piping is somehow able to actually cool the air below ambient temp, then your statement is completely false. Just sit and think about it for a second. How long do you really think the air is just sitting in the pipe for it to heat up? The air is moving a pretty high velocity, and certainly isn't sitting in there long enough to have any noticeable gain in temperature b/c of the pipe being metal.

I am so tired of complete bullshit made up by marketing teams being repeated as if it's the word of God. There isn't any going to be any noticeable difference between a JLT and a MAC other than the fact that your wallet will be substantially lighter if you go with the JLT.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Until you do some real world IAT comparison's like I have, don't go repeating marketing BS that you have no real knowledge of. My IATs, with a dreaded metal pipe, stay right at ambient. Now unless your plastic or PVC piping is somehow able to actually cool the air below ambient temp, then your statement is completely false. Just sit and think about it for a second. How long do you really think the air is just sitting in the pipe for it to heat up? The air is moving a pretty high velocity, and certainly isn't sitting in there long enough to have any noticeable gain in temperature b/c of the pipe being metal.

I am so tired of complete bullshit made up by marketing teams being repeated as if it's the word of God. There isn't any going to be any noticeable difference between a JLT and a MAC other than the fact that your wallet will be substantially lighter if you go with the JLT.
x10000 yet i got neg rep rep for pushin this.... everyones brainwashed

1 - 20 of 44 Posts