Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BBK CAI and was wondering can I clean the filter and reuse it or would it be better to get a new one? Thanks

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
the BBK's are reusable. ive cleaned mine a couple times so far. If you want to buy a new one you can. Or you can just wash it really good with dish Soap like Dawn or something. that works really well. Wash it until no more black stuff is coming out of the filter and then re install it. make sure you get all the soap out. That is very important

·
Registered
600 Posts
+1 i would use an air compressor through the inside to blow the dust and **** out first though itll make the actual cleaning easier and quicker

·
Banned
848 Posts
Cant you just clean those with a k&n kit?? I did when i had a V6. Never had an issue with that solution. I wouldnt wash it in soap though.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Yes you can use the K&N cleaning kit, however I would not used compressed air unless its very low psi as it can damage the gauze filter element. I always rinse/wash it from the inside out

·
Registered
600 Posts
I used a compressor on my K&N because i went down a bunch of gravel roads. I mean you cant be an idiot about it and try to make it look like new with it but just blow out the dust.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
be careful when using an air compressor..

to much psi will destroy the filter.

EDIT.. damn it Matt.. lol
:p haha beat ya

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Yes you do, but wait till it dries. And dont over due it, just gotta make the filter red again.

·
Registered
360 Posts
just buy the k&n air filter cleaning kit from your local auto parts store. Btw, i just hate it when i have somewhere to go, but you have to wait for the filter to dry

·
Banned
848 Posts
just buy the k&n air filter cleaning kit from your local auto parts store. Btw, i just hate it when i have somewhere to go, but you have to wait for the filter to dry

This is exactly what i said...some people just don't bother reading anymore...eeesh. Lol

·
Banned
848 Posts
:sorryjust agreeing with you...:D

Oh no i didn't mean for the post to make you think i was being an a hole towards what you posted. It was directed towards the OP.:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts