Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Ford Mustang 4.0 V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first off this is my second post on MM so apologies in advance if this is not in the right forum section, admins reel free to move if need be. But here it goes.

I just ordered a BBK CAI for my 4.0 V6. I have an SCT X4 handheld tuner, the car has been on 91 octane tune for a good 6 or 7 months now. I see tons of combo tuner kits with CAIs online, has me wondering...can I flash a CAI tune for the bbk without having to go with a custom tune like Bama for example? I regret not getting tune for life program thru AM, but the tuner was cheaper through a Canadian performance site by a substantial amount. There is a section that asks me before I flash a tune what brand it is but BBK isn't in there. I'm worried about chosing any other brand because the inlet diameter being different might run it too lean, which scares me. So what should I do? Leave it as is? Or should I chose a comparable brand in the tuner?

Yes yes I know BBK isn't the best, JLT has proven power gains, but it's a sixer, I'm not expecting GT power anyways...

Thanks

Attachments

·
Resident Headbanger
2,425 Posts
I'd avoid BAMA like the plague as they need a lifetime to get their tunes right. I suggest you try Brenspeed for a custom tune for your BBK CAI. I used Brenspeed for my 91 octane tune and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,592 Posts
I'd avoid BAMA like the plague as they need a lifetime to get their tunes right. I suggest you try Brenspeed for a custom tune for your BBK CAI. I used Brenspeed for my 91 octane tune and I couldn't be happier.
Weird. BAMA used to be the tune to get? They still get it right with e85 tunes.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,425 Posts
Yeah, they used to be good until about 10 years ago when their original tuner (a guy called Doug) was there.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The BBK CAI doesn't require a tune so you just want to select that you have the stock intake. It'll work fine.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,425 Posts
The BBK CAI doesn't require a tune so you just want to select that you have the stock intake. It'll work fine.
If it's a no tune intake, that would make it pretty much useless since nearly all of the HP/TQ gain from a CAI/tuner combination comes from the tune. Therefore you might as well keep the stock airbox and get a tune for that instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts