Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long did it take, andfwut did it take to do it

the installation instructions call for taking out starter... unbolting motor mounts, lifting engine..... all this necessary??

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes it is all very necessary... its tough enough to get them in without the stuff on let alone with it on. I just unbolted the trans and motor mount and jacked up the engine a bit from the oil pan. I also took off all the spark plugs, just to avoid any damage... i would recommend this. All in all it took about 6-8 hours and i'd like to say we knew what we were doin. btw, its a very messy job. What mid pipe are you goin with?

·
Registered
292 Posts
make sure to change the spark plugs when u do this installation just to save u from having to use the eagle claw to change them later and also saving urself from cursing out loud.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You do not have to unhook the mounts and jack the motor up, but it probably would have made things easier. We didn't do this, and it took us 3-4 hours to do it.

They are definitely NOT joking about taking the starter out, this was necessary to get the passenger side in. The AC lines got in our way too....we no longer have AC.

The drivers side can be done by disconnecting the rag joint on your steering shaft, and then pushing the headers up from the bottom.

The gaskets that come with the bbks suck, just pulled ours off recently and had like 5 exhaust leaks. Put some Percy's gaskets back on, and have had no problems so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i wasnt sure, sorta just tryin to figure it all out now, was starting my thinking with the headers n workin bak, got a suggestion? oh and you put the headers in from the bottom? how high up do ya hafta get the car up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts