Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im gonna finally get my exhaust but i was just wondering what kind of headers i should get......has anyone had experience with bbk shorties chrome ones?!?!?!!?they look like the best bang for the buck?!?!!?

Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
what kinda exaust you going to run. im runnin flowmaster 40s with custom piping . wish i woulda bought a gt takeoff though. also only 2 of 4 cats. sound ok.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i have bbk shortys and they r good, but the best bang for ur buck is gana be with lt headers, and mac is the only company that makes them.

Reactions: shadow5403

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
go MAC im not a fan of BBK

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well basically im doing a custume side exhaust with 2 magnaflow cats and maganaflow muffflers.....the guy at my exhaust place said that he would personnally rather get the BBK than anything else........what i dont get is why the chrome headers are cheaper than the ceramic coated ones?!?!?! also my stangs a DD and theres alot of snow in the winter up here so i figure chrome doesn't rust...right?!?!?!?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
well basically im doing a custume side exhaust with 2 magnaflow cats and maganaflow muffflers.....the guy at my exhaust place said that he would personnally rather get the BBK than anything else........what i dont get is why the chrome headers are cheaper than the ceramic coated ones?!?!?! also my stangs a DD and theres alot of snow in the winter up here so i figure chrome doesn't rust...right?!?!?!?
ceramic is more because it is is also a coating on the header and it helps to keep engin temps down. yes crome helps to keeep metal from rusting due to the nickel content, however it can still carode. and ceramic coating also helps to prevent rust.
and i agry wit hur macanic i perfur BBK products to mac jmo, however mac is the only company that makes l/t header sfor out cars. and l/t's give the best praformance.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was planning on going with shorties anyways honestly Lt's are seriously not worth the hasle......or is it just me?!?!?!!? there way more expensive and take 2 times as much time to install...and plus knowing me i'll prollty end up busting them up on a pot hole or speed bump.......

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
I was planning on going with shorties anyways honestly Lt's are seriously not worth the hasle......or is it just me?!?!?!!? there way more expensive and take 2 times as much time to install...and plus knowing me i'll prollty end up busting them up on a pot hole or speed bump.......
really if i were to do it all over again i would have put LTs on instead of shorties...i have the bbk chrome shorties...and i mean they do a lil difference but not too much

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
really if i were to do it all over again i would have put LTs on instead of shorties...i have the bbk chrome shorties...and i mean they do a lil difference but not too much
+1 if i were to redo my exaust i would go with l/t's, but i would need a secound car, cuse i wana custom make mine. owning a welder FTW.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do lt's really hang down way lower?!?!?!!? can i get a pic from someone?!?!?!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^^^ lol why ur mufflers soo low??!?!

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
do lt's really hang down way lower?!?!?!!? can i get a pic from someone?!?!?!
my mid pipe was mesed up for a whill and was much lower then l/t's would ever be and didn't have any isues at stock ride hight.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
thas one talent i would love to learn to be really good at
ya got a welder for christmas and have been pracicing a lot, and staring to get some good beads down. but ya it is a sweet skill to have for moding, u can make ur own parts cheep/to what ever specs u want.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it really doesn't look that low...... but im still not sure.....and mac is the only company that makes them for the V6.....oh and btw ur car is ****in clean underneath!!!!! f***** u should see what mine looks like.....juste the radiador support has holes the size of a coke can!!!! LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts