Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these springs good? has anyone used these springs before?

79-04 Specific Rate Lowering Spring Kit - V8
Rating is 650lbs front 250lbs rear. Is that a good rating? idk the difference
the drop is 1.5" all around.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
[ame=http://s537.photobucket.com/albums/ff340/bakerfx4/?action=view&current=MVI_0858.flv]
[/ame]

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
I love the springs. They sit perfect and dont require CC plates. Aligns perfect and tires are wearing PERFECT! I would get them again if i bought another mustang. Go to youtube and type in BakerFX4 and you'll see my exhaust vid of the car driving off.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i friend of mine had a set on his 98 gt, and i installed a set on his 97 cobra. great stance, and they seem to handle very well also.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Yeah the thing i like is i have Long Tube headers so they tend to scrape at times. The BBK springs didnt drop me TONS to where my headers scrape all the time. Just give it a nice stance as Sweet said. If you like a "slammed" look then these arent the ones.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice man, yeah theres a kit I see on latemodel restoration that has the rims i want and I figured what the hell. I havent done any suspension yet might as well get a deal out of it.

Kit comes with 17x9/17x10 rims with nitto 555 tires and BBK specific rate springs, KYB six piece shocks and struts and bbk caster camber.

Idk why the shocks and struts is a six piece though. From the pic I see struts and shocks but theres an extra which looks like a lower control arm or upper not sure.

Thanks for the pic and vid. I like the stance alot. I wanted a low drop but not really low cause of my area but from the pic I like how it sits.

Thanks for the info everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts