Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided im gonna get the BBK o/r h-pipe. Just wondering if anyone out there has this and wants to express their opinions on it before i make it final. Eventually i wana get some Flowmaster super 44's. Iv heard this setup is very nice and throaty. Any opinions?

Thanks,
Kody

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you want to hear what it sounds like, or any set up. Just search it on YouTube....their is endless exhaust videos! :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
im getting the super 40s. they supposed to cut down drone more than super 44 and sound more like regular 40s. i think it will sould good either way though..

exhaust clip when its all done!!
That's what I'm going with next week. By the way....your car looks good with those black rims! :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing im worried about is the drone, and youtube cant show that very well.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have flowmasters + o/r - H and no drone. Maybe because my mid pipe is "home made"

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
yeah thats why i said the super 40's, hopefully less drone..

super 40's:
The Super 40 features a black, oversize case, which keeps the resonance down while the deep outside tone says it’s a Flowmaster!

super 44's don't say anything about helping the drone. so I would go super 40's instead.

@ thanks wich!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I had the bbk o/r H pipe before my swap and loved it. I have a Borla catback and the combo together sounds good. The nice thing about the H pipe is it is relatively quite most of the time but when you put the pedal down it really screams. I didn't have any drone issues with the bbk H pipe. I did have an X pipe before that and the drone drove me crazy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kody,

I'm running with a BBK O/R H.P. with BBK shorties and a complete PI swap and this is what mine sounds like (see link below). Please excuse the mass amount of moisture flying from my exhaust pipe. Pennsyvania winter isn't good on a vehicle when you don't have a garage... and we got a lot of snow up my way... In my opinion the BBK O/R H.P. is a good sounding system, the driving sound isn't too over powering but that's my opinion; also, I still have the stock exhaust from the BBK back. Since you will be later going with a flowmaster 44 system this video won't be a true representation of what the BBK will sound like with the 44, but it will at least give you a close resembelence of what your system will sound like before you convert to the flowmaster.

Also here is a link to the video I produced for the rockabilly group The Primer Greys.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Can't say I ever heard that exhaust note from a 4.6.....what's going on with the engine?

·
Registered
508 Posts
^^ :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure why it idles the way it does. I purchased the PI heads from a guy in Michigan and I think he put a slightly bigger cam on the heads but I'm not certain, I never asked and it's been about four or five years so I lost his contact by now. This video is the first time the car had been started since October so maybe it had to do with being 87 octane with no stabilizer added. But it was idling a little over 500 RPM.

As for the water in the exhaust I imagine it's condensation that collected from the exhaust because it was idling for a while and we also got a lot of snow so maybe snow was shot in there from the snow blower.. I don't know these are just theories.

But the car runs great and there aren't any problems with power. I may have to put some new plugs in it. What are your opinions on why it sounds like that? I am not noticing anything wrong but if something is sounding off to anyone feel free to let me know and I'll look into it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am putting this H.P. and magnapacks on my gt this weekend, video will follow.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
sorry but thats terrible exhaust

·
Registered
11 Posts
KV - Thanks for the feedback, what is your opinion as to why it may be sounding like that or more importantly, what is your suggestion on an exhaust system to help the sound? As I mentioned in ealier an ealier post I'm running with an o/r h pipe and BBK shorties but still have the stock exhaust back from that. So what I'm thinking is going with Flowmaster but I'm unsure of which series if you'd like to shed some light on the subject I would like to know what you have to say.

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
I can't say I've heard an exhaust like that. Sounds almost like a higher powered lawn mower to me...I think the flows will help a lot, original 40s if you dont mind the drone if its not driven to often, super 40 for less drone, or maybe try mac catback...

·
Registered
11 Posts
V8POWA - lol that's an interesting way of putting it but I can see where you are coming from. After listening to it again I think it may be missing a bit. I never had the opportunity to tune it yet so I'm wanting to see if that will help.

KV - Nice car, I'm looking into 4.10s for mine and I was wondering what you thought about them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree not be a jerk but something doesnt sound right

1 - 20 of 30 Posts