Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 mustang GT with 2 chamber flows and a bbk cai, does anyone know which will sound better? BBK o/r X-pipe or Bassani o/r X-pipe?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Not a whole lot of differnce between those 2. Might look at something like the Magnaflow tru-x or the Mac Prochamber as well.

·
Registered
638 Posts
both are good. i love my bbk, they have some nice prices.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
but remember, an x with chambered mufflers is going to sound raspy as hell

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just dont want it to sound raspy, does that have anything to do with the mid pipe? or does that just depend on the type of mufflers you have?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Both realy. Exhaust setups are extremely self opinion setups man. If you are going for pure performance there are specific setups that will flow better but may not sound the best to you. If you like a particular sound then you realy just have to do some surfing on the internet video's and the exhaust clip section on here and try to find your desired sound. You can ask for other people to tell you the "best" setup, but remember that is still a personal opinion, its not neccesarily your desired sound. I searched for a long time before I settled on my setup, and I love every second of it running. There are a couple others I will try later like Borla Stingers, and JBA, just so I know for sure what setup I want. I know not everyone can go out and try out 3 or 4 different setups thats why this question is asked every day. But its realy like asking someone what soft drink or beer you are gonna like the best and then spending $300-$600 on it and never tasting it. Do some surfing, hell I will even send you my links to some of the clips I looked thru when I was looking. Just listen a bunch then buy man.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
honestly for the price I think bassani isnt worth it. thats my opinion though.

the price on those are outrageous. if money is an issue I say pypes. you can pick one up around $150 bucks maybe a tad more but its under $200. I got a dr gas on the way for $240 and i think its the best sounding midpipe ive ever heard. I used to love and want bassani so bad but ill tell you. pypes, upr, dr.gas, are three of the best sounding if you dont mind it being loud/tad raspy. if you want something deep try mac, its the best sounding deep one IMO. also the difference in sound can change between o/r and catted. im sure you knew half of what I said but i felt like saying it :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
here is my 2002 GT with bassani weld in mufflers, and pypes o/r x

and here is pypes x with flows. i found it on youtube

·
Registered
523 Posts
I just put a catted upr x on my car yesterday, seems to have woke it up and man does it sound good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts