1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
all good products. I was going to go with trickflow b/c of price.
If you can afford accufab thats good.
You buying the spacer for a paper wieght?

·
Registered
35 Posts
if you just have bolt-ons i would go with trick flow cause i can't see spending $200 for 2-3 hp thats just me though

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
I love my accufab tb+plenum combo, looks very nice and really increased throttle response

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Wats wrong wit the spacer scott? I have a 1 inch spacer on mine... :-/

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Doesn't give any gains. It is myth brought over by the carburetor days. Think about it, what good would adding an inch space between tb and plenum? Does adding more length before the tb help? hehe

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
And to the OP:

I loved my plenum/tb combo from accufab. Even when i supercharged i stuck with accufab (went from 70mm to 75mm then finally to big oval). I actually have 75mm for sale... but no plenum to go with it.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
It's a inch space from the plenum and intake manifold... Not the plenum and throttle body..

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Accufab if you want to spend the cash on it if not TF....dont waste money on the spacer use it towards paying for some gears either 3.73's, 3.90's, 4.10's, or 4.30's if your auto

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Ha it was only like 30 bucks :p

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
^ i think you will get more rwhp with one of these then that :lmao

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
why pay for the name when you can pay half that for the professional products set up.....
it's working for me.. :)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
This is the only spacer that will make a difference........:D

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys.. the steeda spacer was $69 wasn't sure about it.. thanks for the input.. looks like trckflow is the way to go..

Yeah 4:10s next month, I'm gonna throw on some bolt ons this month to get the most out of the tune I'll need after the gears are in.. tb+plenum, maybe pulleys,

Anyone paint their plenum? The trickflow is plain, I'm thinking of spaying it yellow to match the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
fyi the trickflow plenum does have a built in spacer. and i thing a plenum painted yellow would look tacky

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Tha spacer can't hurt tho so watev ha.
I think thatd look real good if u painted it yellow, maybe get some yellow hose covers too that'd b badass

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
a spacer is suppose to add turbulance* to the air to get a better air/fuel mixture. But its that effective

When carbs were around it mixed up the air anf fuel more for the turbulance* which was a more effeciant* combustion.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts