Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what kind of gains people are seeing with these. I found a new set for 150 and was wondering if it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Most definatley not worth it...not worth the install time...especialy if your going with a turbo set up since the turbo requires headers that should be included in the kit...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
lol.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
you don't want to use cheap BBK Shorties for a turbo. i'd give them a year before they cracked or rusted through. you can definitely use your stock manifolds, the headers will give you little to no power increase with a turbo, especially shorties.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
you don't want to use cheap BBK Shorties for a turbo. i'd give them a year before they cracked or rusted through. you can definitely use your stock manifolds, the headers will give you little to no power increase with a turbo, especially shorties.
Really? Stock manifolds? So I'm guessing some turbo kits have a y pipe that's bolts to the manifolds and runs up to the front?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Lol give him a break hes supercharged so he probably doesnt know..

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Lol well I was really asking I didn't know...all the kits I've ever seen came with headers than came out infront of the engine

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Well im know expert but i think they come with whats called a hotside that goes in place of the header it is pretty much headers but they run to the turbo instead.. So you can't use the factory manifolds or any after market headers.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Turbo's usually come with a new manifold with a flange for the turbo unless you get the On 3 performance kit which uses stock manifolds or shorty headers.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
ive seen kits built around shorties turned forward, nothing wrong with them, the bbk's cant be worse than a stock manifold, stock manifold is a ****in joke

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well it was just a question. I had broke off the exhaust flang stud and had to drill it out. My exhaust hasn't been right since. I bought the set off the guy for $100. I am going to try the on3 kit and figured if I was going to be dropping the k-member, why don't I just go ahead and get a set of headers or replace the manifolds. I found this guy and he came down from 150 to 100, so I bought em. I kindof figured they have to be somewhat better than the stock manifolds. Also I don't drive my car in the rain or snow so I am not worried about them rusting out.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I have them and i noticed a small difference but its def. there.. Not as much as i would with lt's but atleast i clear speedbumps lol..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts