Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new bbk ssi intake, got a very good price on it brand new, the intake size is 75mm and it says it flows perfect with the 75mm TB, now i believe that 75 mm might be a tad big for a car that is not being boosted or highly compressed. if a 70mm tb were used with the opening would that slow up the turbulence and would i lose power?
thanks.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
im pretty sure the consensus is to run as large a diameter TB as the opening of the intake allows without creating a lip

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
It's only bad if you put a larger throttlebody on than the intake will support. Like what dap1991 was saying. It will create a lip from throttlebody to intake.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea thats what i thought, so basically with this intake you'd have to use a 75mm to get the right flow.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
sell the intake before the **** fuel rails leak and burn your house down

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
**** dont leak if you do it right.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
been googling this intake for months no problems found

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the same intake and I matched the TB with the opening, 75mm. The fuel rails leaking is a big problem with them. I had it happened to me when I had it first installed. During the rebuild of my engine 2 years later I found out one of the rear injectors was leaking the whole time which is why I sometimes smelled fuel and could see gas residue on the pan area of the upper intake. For the rebuild I installed the injectors and fuel rails myself and discovered a great way to install them after going through 3 O rings. The problem is the holes in the lower intake where the injectors go are sharp and if the injectors aren't lined up perfectly the O rings get ripped up easy. The secrete I found was to use liberal amounts of grease on both ends of the injectors before installing them into the rails and then into the lower intake. This allowed them to move freely and prevent the O rings from getting ripped and leak. The installation of the rails needs to be perfect and there are a few things that need to be done at the same time while installing them for it to work. Having the ends of the injectors greased up really helps out because unlike the stock style rails that you can push one injector at a time in the BBK unit is solid and has no give so all 8 injectors need to be pushed in at the same time.

Another place for a leak is the crossover pipe in the rear of the intake. It's the silver or chrome tube that connects the two rails together. It to needs to be placed perfect and can also benefit from a little grease for ease of installation.

·
Registered
489 Posts
he googled it for months they don't leak
I wasn't lucky enough to find anything on them yet back then when I got it. They'd been out for a few years and I got my hands on mine for $400 new from a guy who probably found out about the problem after he bought it and went another route. I had to work with what I had.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i found 1 count it 1 instance where there was a problem with the leaking fuel rails and the cause was found to be a faulty o ring.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts