Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am i going to throw a code if i return my TB back to stock?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because the BBK TB sucks and its hanging my throttle and RPMs

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is no tune necessary for a BBK 62mm TB in the first place. So, I'm pretty sure you won't throw a code. I am nearly positive.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The rpm hanging might not be the tb. It might be in your tune. If it was cable driven then i could believe that it was the tb it's self but being drive by wire and all electronics it makes me think it's buried in your tune.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
GT-500 TB is 60mm so it's JUST a little smaller. If the electronics fit, I don't see it throwing a code either. My point is, if the 62mm BBK is plug and play and doesn't require a tune, the GT-500 shouldn't either. Doesn't the GT-500 require an adaptor? And, why are you getting rid of the BBK?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
He says it has an rpm hanging issue. But like i said it's electronic so i thiink it's in his tune.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Oh. That I don't see the T/B having really anything to do with it. It's controlled by a motor. When did it start doing it? Just one day outta nowhere, or after you got it tuned?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its been dyno tuned twice and email tuned once. its not the tune. the guy that installed supercharger said its diffinetly the TB

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
installer said its more than likely the plastic gears in the bbk

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hmm maybe. Have you checked to see if anybody else with a bbk is having the same problem?

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
I am not s/c but I have the BBK TB, I don't have that issue. It's not the TPS?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
supposedly with the BBK's its hit and miss. some are fine, some are bad. my installer has been working on mustangs for 17 years. if he says something is junk, then i take his word for it.

is there a way to test the TPS? im open to try anything, but, i dont think thats the problem

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the reason i dont think its the TPS is because taken from the stock throttle body and put on BBK. i had no issues before when it was stock.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
No i'm not saying it's bad. Try turning one way or the other with the bolt's loose and see if it moves. It might be turn just enough for the computer to think your pushing down on the throttle just a little.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts