Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone have to say about them are they reliable, do they require tuning, HP/TQ Gains, I also heard make the intake sound louder?

Need feedback possibly buying it tomorrow

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
not worth the trouble for a little gain.
My tuner had a hell of a time tuning the car with the BBK.
randomally surges while at idle.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
First off, numerous built cars are taking that stock throttle body to the 550-600hp mark without choking the motor too badly.

Secondly, do a search and find the pluthera of posts regarding trouble getting the throttle body to work properly. Not just BBK's either, it's a sporadic issue with all the manufacturers. Here's a search:

Forums at Modded Mustangs - Search Results

Lastly, if you absolutely have to waste your money on a throttle body, go get the GT500 throttle body to avoid a lot of headaches.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
I returned mine...didint even take it out of the box.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I will let you know Saturday how this one works out. It seems to be working fine but there were also 50 other codes from the VCT and other stuff that caused the check engine light. We set it back to factory voltage with the dealership computer and as of now we do not have any trouble codes caused by the throttlebody. So will update you Saturday on the status of it. It is a Black Diamond mono blade and all we did was make sure that the return spring was reinstalled in the right location and it full closed under spring pressure alone and not having to use the electric motor.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Just curious has anybody ported the stock throttle body?

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
wouldit make sense to port the TB with out porting the intake runners... I hear they are matched pretty well for flow from the factory....dunno?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts