Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one installed the 85mm bbk throttle body without a tune? If so did you use the stock cai and did you feel any gains?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I spoke to the owners at sema a few months ago. I know that you can put the bbk TB on your car without a tune.

I have a BBK 90mm and have MUCH better throttle response and feel like I picked up mid range too. Don't have any dyno graphs on it tho.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying your car is not tuned? Do you have a factory or aftermarket cold air intake? And have you ever heard of the c&l cai without a tune? I think it has a sleeve insert, I wondered if I got the no tune throttle body(85mm) and the c&l cai no tune I would at least gain 15-20 hp and better throttle response and hope no check engine light comes on.

·
Banned
182 Posts
I have yet to see anyone show gains at the track after swapping TB's over stock. Another waste of money IMO.

Just to add....there are several 1000WHP cars that run the stock TB as well. If they are seeing those numbers FI, how can it be a restriction for a simple bolt-on car?

The quickest/fastest bolt-on, stock long block 2011+ N/A 5.0's use the stock TB as well.

....adding perspective.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have the 85mm throttle body with stock cai. I have never tracked the car or tested on a dyno but it probably only adds a few HP if anything stock. I'm sure it would be better with a tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts