Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchase a set bbk-valvecovers ,i was looking them over and there's no baffle for pcv valve..anyone had any problems sucking oil into pcv valve..

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
the way the oil passes around the heads on these cars i dont think it would be a problem, but i have heard that they are a major PITA to install, like worse than FI kits.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You won't have any oil problems. I run BBK valve covers, only I have a Romeo motor. You should have the Windsor heads and I understand they are a little easier to install than the Romeo type. This is a time consuming task. Take your time and do it right, otherwise they will leak. Make sure you put a dab of form-a-gasket silicone on the seam where the timing cover meets the heads on each side. It will take a total of 4 dabs, 2 on each side. If you miss those, it's born to leak. Also make sure you attach the gaskets BBK supplies to the heads, not the valve covers. You must make sure that you stick it on the heads lining up the holes to valve cover bolts the first time. If you have to keep taking it off and resticking it, they will lose their adhesion and you will then struggle to keep them in place while installing the valve cover. Lots a patience is needed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I putting motor together ,so this is a perfect time to install valvecovers.Im removing brake booster too..thanks for all info............

·
Registered
428 Posts
sorry to steal the thread, but can these valve covers be installed without removing the brake booster or lowering the motor?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
posted on another site ,they say u could take brake booster loose..and get cover in there..looks like fuel rails r going to have to be removed too. I got all winter...lol..I will keep everybody up dated...it nice we can all help each other out .So we can get more bang out of are stangs.....

·
Registered
682 Posts
sorry to steal the thread, but can these valve covers be installed without removing the brake booster or lowering the motor?
Well sorta, yea kinda. Besides the servo, the hydroboost cylinder is also in the way. I was told I had to remove it when I called BBK, but they have been unreliable in the past with their install info. So, I losened the four booster bolts from under the dash. There is also one on the engine bay side as well. Anyway I losened them towards the end of the stud still leaving the nuts on (2 or 4 threads) the studs. That was enough that I could rock the servo unit out of the way while I slid the valve cover in place. I didn't have to disconnect any of the lines or hoses either. For sure this is the hardest side. Oh, and make sure you remove the clutch cable and the o2 sensor harness plug retainer bracket on the back side of the head. Hope this helps.

Note: There's a pic of the valve covers on my car in my "Garage" here.

·
Registered
428 Posts
posted on another site ,they say u could take brake booster loose..and get cover in there..looks like fuel rails r going to have to be removed too. I got all winter...lol..I will keep everybody up dated...it nice we can all help each other out .So we can get more bang out of are stangs.....
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just looking at steeda autosports web site,,they sell steeda oil seprator.this ties in your pcv hose..that help keeping oil out of your intake...be perfect for nitrous,or supercharged cars....when the pressure comes up...hummmmm..

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pass side installed,removed fuel rail ,used plastic tie straps to secure wires ,hoses.diconnect outer heater hose...used 3m emblem glue on head side .set gasket on head installed washers and allen screws .used heat gun then waited 1 hour..then used light coat of grease on valvecover seal .I set cover on head .installed all the screws ..simple job

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
driver side,,I removed brake booster .valve cover sat in there with no problems,bolts were easy to get too...very simple job...

·
Registered
682 Posts
It was easier because you have windsor heads and the cams are held in the head differently than on the Romeo heads. The cam retaining caps interfere with the installation on the Windsor motor, although you did state that you removed the brake booster.

·
Registered
600 Posts
well i went to put mine on tonight and brothers sent me 2 drivers side gaskets, also no oil cap and the stock one doesnt fit, is that an egr valve in the passenger side? i got one 90 elbow for one hole but thats it. any suggestions?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts