Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the looks of the chin sporlier but would also like the sound with the x pipe{also gettin mufflers} whats ur alls opinion on this.an how good do the bbk x pipes sounds

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
like the looks of the chin sporlier but would also like the sound with the x pipe{also gettin mufflers} whats ur alls opinion on this.an how good do the bbk x pipes sounds
My opinion is Sound is more important then looks. so id go with the sound first. but really go with what ever is in your budget i guess. the chin spoiler is 100 while x pipes are 160 plus mills so you figure 200. But if i had the money for the X pipe do the x pipe.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Trust me if you put an xpipe on you will be very happy! Whenever i first go mine I was all smiles because of how it sounded. So I would say xpipe first then the chin spoiler. But it depends on what is most important to you. Sound/performance or Looks!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
both are good. i got the chin spoiler first and then the x pipe, but thats just how i did it. why dont you get both?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
i think you should get the chin spoiler, save some money and get some headers and the mid pipe. i would do that if i could start all over. because you end up spending more money later if you get headers. if you dont want headers just get the mid pipe

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
but if you dont have money to spend like me its better to make your money last. but i dont know him so, yea

but i would just buy mods instead of the chin spoiler, mods first

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
i'd say go ahead and do the chin spoiler first cuz the way the regular gt front bumper angles up at the bottom looks crappy and a chin spoiler makes it look real real good.

·
Registered
400 Posts
yeah now that i think about it get the spoiler. i got a regular x pipe first then I wanted to go LTs so i had to spend a lot of extra money.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
x pipe for sure man. BBK sounds pretty good and you'll be much happier with performance than with the looks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would definitely go with the chin spoiler. I have had nothing but bad experience with BBK 4.6 parts. I had their X pipe on my 02 GT and all it did was rattle. I am a strong believe in high-flow cats too. I have a magna-flow x-pipe on my car right now and I feel so much more torque than I did with the BBK. There is no back pressure when there is no cats.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i had a bbk off road x with my flows and it made a bad rattle sound around 2000 rpms

1 - 18 of 18 Posts