Modded Mustang Forums banner

Before/After Windstar Intake Swap *Pics*

16K views 46 replies 18 participants last post by  whitemustang02 
#1 · (Edited)

Notice the different bracket made of aluminum for the ignition coil.

The pullies, next. For those who havent seen the difference between an underdrive crank pullie and the stock one, its completely night and day. The underdrive is just WAY smaller.

Now, the front shot. Looks more roomy in there. The relocated coolant resevoir. The CAI that I tried to line up with that coolant hose. The 70mm TB with the spacer. The homemade bracket for the throttle cable and ziptied the cruise control cable to the rear.

---------------------

Thats about it folks. Ran it at the track and pulled off a best of 15.331 @ 91mph. I knew I could have hit a 14.9 no problem, but it just wasnt my night, I guess. haha. Once I hit the best, I couldnt get any lower.

Dynojet numbers? Started off with 171rwhp and peaked at 180rwhp with 215rwtq. Have the following mods:

Dual Flowmasters Super 40s, MAC Longtube Headers, Dynomax H-Pipe, MAC Underdrive Pullies, Windstar Upper Intake Manifold, 70mm Power Throttle Body, Custom PVCPipe Cold Air Intake, Air-in 25mm Throttle Body Spacer, 4.10 Gears, 7.5 T-Lok, Roush Racing Springs, 9mm Ford Racing Spark Plug Wires, SCT XCal II Tuned

See less See more
#6 ·
hay just wondering u just have the windstar upper with just ur stock lower, right.

#7 ·
that is so sick man i love it!!

and it fits under the stock hood?? what did you do about the IAC what ever... thats what i hear most people bitch about...

do a write up and tell us what all you had to remove/make custom this site needs a good write up would be like to do it?!!

#8 ·
no his does not fit under the stock hood, he has an aftermarkit hood, he has more pics on v6 power, but there is a guy on v6 power that has one that fits under the stock hood and i am talking with him about a secoulnd one he has so i can also get it under my stock hood

#12 ·
those things look so much more badass than the regular intake. how do they do for performance?

#15 ·
please tell me why he cant run forced induction with a plastic intake. :eek:

#18 ·
ya does this look like FI is out the window

i think not

#25 ·
meh i wanna now..

cuz i would like turboing one day... :/ but like Dgrn said the Gt have plastic uppers.. and i think o well the GT run boost like mad so :dunno

i have to check the year on that windstar.. free intake FTW (I hope) if not i'l try to buy the intake from avaric i need to fix the coolant prob i told u tho.. so idk i hope i get 1k$ this x-mas cuz i've been ****ing working like no tomorrow for it

#24 ·
your only going to see 3-8 horse power... no one has dyno proven it...

this swap is best for nitrous applications as it gives a more smooth better shot into the heads with the plastic intake... also they are way more easy to work with if you were to set up a Direct port wet nitrous set up

#26 ·
the kind u r looking for is a 96-98 wind star some guys on v6 power are laking about some 2000 and up ones but those r a little more unkown off
and for power i have yet to find a befor and after dyno #'s but it is agued depending on ur set up betwen 10 to 20

#31 ·
lol
u cant always win
but in my defence i have been doign a lot of reserch on the windstar so they were fresh in my mind

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.