Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be getting a new amp. It's a 4 way 3/1 amp. I know I can hook up my subs. Will I be able to use aftermarket speakers. Like a normal 4 way?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excellent. Thanks... It's installed now I have to figure out how to turn up sub stuff.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I have two rca outputs on my head unit. A front and rear. I have my rca's hooked to the rear. It says that my headunit doesnt have a subwoofer pre-amp output(not sure if thats right). How do I go about getting my subs to work. Its a 4 channel amp with connections for 2 subs. Help please

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
well if you would post the brand and model number, we could look it up and tell you exactly what to do... But since we are guessing here, turn that thing right there. No not that one, that other one right beside that one thing. See, its kinda hard to guess. :)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
well if you would post the brand and model number, we could look it up and tell you exactly what to do... But since we are guessing here, turn that thing right there. No not that one, that other one right beside that one thing. See, its kinda hard to guess. :)
+1

you should be able to get into a settings menu on the HU and change the rear pre-outs to sub

and make sure you have the high pass for the speakers and low pass for the subs turned on on the amp, dont use the HP and LP on the HU

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a panasonic rx400u headunit but it doesnt have an actualy sub pre-out. Just front and rear. It has no subwoofer settings. It's just a cheap walmart Sony amp. I'm just trying to make due for right now.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
do you have the manual for the deck? there should be a sub menu you can get to to switch the sub on, my old 90$ jvc deck was like that

if not just leave it on the rear pre outs and turn the low pass filter on the amp on

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The headunit doesnt have a sub menu. Just bass treble and all that. So rear inthe head unit. Then rear on the amp. Should I run my subs off of the rear speaker outputs

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
i meant there should be another menu you can get to for more controls to the deck...

but yeah you can just use the rear outputs and turn the low pass filter on the amp on

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KK I got it to cooperate. I have no subwoofer controls. So its run off volume and regular bass. Not what I want so I'm gonna return and eventually just redo the whole system and remove the mach

·
Registered
812 Posts
KK I got it to cooperate. I have no subwoofer controls. So its run off volume and regular bass. Not what I want so I'm gonna return and eventually just redo the whole system and remove the mach
good idea, and try to stay away from walmart **** :p

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Poor college student. Just trying to see if stuff works. I took it back dont worry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts