Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just got a 98 Mustang and he was going down the road and his serphentine belt stretched out and came off. So we put a new one on there and now it squeals so loud it almost hurts your ears. It wasnt doing it before the new belt. Could it be the tensioner?

And also, his idle is way to high. I think the k&n filter got oil on his MAF sensor. Where can i buy a tool to get it off cause its a star shape with a hole.
Or could that be because of the loose belt causing it or something else?

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
The belt squeal is likely a bad bearing in the idler or tensioner pulleys.

The tool you need is called a tamper-proof torx. I can't remember the size off the top of my head, but your local auto parts store should have a cheap set of them available.

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
I got the bit set at Harbor Freight for like 8$

·
Banned
990 Posts
:funnah You'd have them change the wipers and battery for you too? Maybe rotate the tires?
YES, wishing i would have..I put the wipers on and they were fine, had a down poor on the freeway and one wiperclip broke, cought under the cowl on my hood and snapped the wiper arm inside so i have to replace everything..Only a 20min fix and a 40$ junkyard part but still...so yes, yes i would have them put my wipers on.

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts