Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you replace these things its a simple pop off and on or do I have to remove the door panels? I just ordered both the left and right side belt moldings from Tousley Ford and they are coming in monday. I dont want to scratch the paint since I will be picking it up from the bodyshop tomorrow and will be starting the paint correction work again next week. I am finally going to will see how it came out after all the work that has been done to it since a semi truck crashed into me about week and a half ago.:(

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you talking about the rocker covers/skirts?
No, the door to glass molding that mounted at the top side of each door where the glass comes in and out of.

I am guessing nobody knows how to replace these?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have taken them of before its a small screw on one of the corners the just pry it up carefully.
Thanks man I really appreciate your help did you have to remove the inner door panel?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i remember correctly no,
the screw is right at the edge of the door all i had to do was lower the window
Thanks man I found something exactly where you have the arrow but its a rivet not a screw. Not sure how to go about removing it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
oh that's weird on mines its a tiny screw holding it in maybe the previous owner riveted yours in place. i would just drill it out that's pretty much the only option you have.

BTW how much you pay for the moldings

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man I think it was like $60 for both at tousley ford. I should be getting them in today stupid UPS takes forever

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:help:bump

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone at all???

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
That's probably the difference between coupe windows and vert windows.

Edit: I just realized you're doing this because you got ****ed by a semi truck. Dude that ****ing blows. You should totally go "No Country For Old Men" on that jackass "witness" an the opposing insurance company.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it sucks man royally

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
just drill the rivet out and replace it with a self tapping screw slightly larger than the hole.

·
Registered
248 Posts
1/8" drill bit, drill the rivet till the head snaps off. Belt moulding is basically friction fit, roll your window down all the way and pry with your fingers. Its just a simple U hook almost. Go buy a single 1/8" rivet, and a small hand riveter, probably cost you round 10 bucks at most. Done.

And since your replacing the belt moulding it wont matter if you bend your old one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts