Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys about to order my treadstone tr1235! But im wondering what belt will go best with the 3.12 pulley im gonna order. Im thinking a gates k061073. Im pretty sure gates makes the vortech belt and I haven't had any issues with that so no reason to switch there.
Another question. What do you think about the pulley I chose. I have a v1 s trim and will put the powerpipe on when I do the front mount. I have hitech stage 2 na cams. I would like to see a solid 10 maybe 11 psi by 6k..fingers crossed of course lol

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
A 107.0 would be better, but gates doesn't make one. The gates 107.38 will work find.

Also, you may make more boost then that. Might be a smart idea to bring a 3.33 pulley with you too. But if I had to guess, you'll make 11psi at 6000rpm

Reactions: Tony03GT

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now it barely hits 9 psi non intercooled with a 3.40 pulley..I think my na cams are responsible for the slightly low boost...I figured pulley +3 psi, powerpipe +1 psi, intercooler -2psi so yea I think your right...in theory should be close to 11...hope it holds tho..gonna keep timing at 15 like it is for the first pull...I also have been meaning to check my fuel pump duty cycle at wot before i make any changes..im hoping that my single gt supercar pump with pprv delete keeps up after the increased boost

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
For the 3.12 pulley you want a Gates K061073 (107.35") or Dayco 5061070 (107.0").

My V1 S with 3.33 pulley and powerpipe through a Procharger 3 core intercooler makes 9psi. With a 3.12 pulley it would be making ~10.5psi. Non-intercooled with a 3.6 and powerpipe it made 9psi.

What is your current rwhp? A member on here has the Hitech Stage 2 cams with an intercooled V1 S at 8psi and made 435rwhp. I doubt your single pump will hold. Add a KB 40amp bap or get a 340lph single pump.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not sure of my power level because I dynoed 386 on a 3.48 pulley..7.4 psi max..then I changed my fuel pump...aviator pump was maxed and also did a pprv delete at the same time..I also went down to a 3.40 pulley but never went back to get the tune touched up..im guessing 400rwhp...the part that scares me is that the dyno it got tuned on is pretty well known to read low...everyone around here says its about 13% lower than the dynojet at excessive motorsports. (Down the street)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn..I dont wanna buy more crap lol...so my options are

Kb boost a pump with supercar pump
340 pump
Dual supercar pump?? (I have another)

What are each of those capable of supporting..and which will need a wiring and or fpdm upgrade

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Damn..I dont wanna buy more crap lol...so my options are

Kb boost a pump with supercar pump
340 pump
Dual supercar pump?? (I have another)

What are each of those capable of supporting..and which will need a wiring and or fpdm upgrade
KB BAP and GT pump will support around 500rwhp. 340lp pump is probably around the same. Dual pumps will require a modified or second fpdm and a cobra fuel hat. I think the dual pump setup would be good to around 600rwhp.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
My GT pump is pretty much maxed at ~430rwhp. With a bap.

I'd run a Stryker pumps instead

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How reliable is the stryker pump...also is it a drop in replacement for the most part

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also how does the stryker compare to the aeromotive stealth pump

·
Pimp
664 Posts
DX Stryker is a return style pump correct?

Some modification would be needed to fit in the stock basket, but it wouldnt be to difficult. Just like the walbro 255 pump.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well...did a 3rd gear pull this morning..fuel pump duty cycle hit 94%...

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Well...did a 3rd gear pull this morning..fuel pump duty cycle hit 94%...
You definitely dont have any more room to grow on your current fuel setup. Easiest thing would probably be wiring in a kb bap. Any other pump will require modification.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the stryker pump shouldnt be used with stock fpdm or wiring? The website doesnt say much..the reason I wouldnt mind a pump swap is that I could sell my used supercar pump and my new one and that should easily pay for the new pump

1 - 14 of 14 Posts