Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know how much horse power the stock cam can make, And what is the fastest 1/4 mile time some one has recorded on the factory 5.0 Roller cam. 89-93 motor's The answer can include 1.6,1.7,or1.72 rockers That is fine.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
big twin turbo set-ups? prob into 9's or so..

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
I dont know what your asking. :dunno If someone mods a motor why would they keep a stock cam.

Are you asking stock 1/4 mile times cause that might be more it

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I dont know what your asking. :dunno If someone mods a motor why would they keep a stock cam.

Are you asking stock 1/4 mile times cause that might be more it
you know those turbo guys..alot of them do big turbo's with stock cams..

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i've been 12.90s with a stock engine in an 87 coupe, t 5, 373s, alum d/s , welds, and dragradials

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
THE STOCK CAM GRINDS ARE NOT TERRIBLE FOR FORCED INDUCTION.
there not terrible for a station wagon...if you wanna make power...you need to get a real cam..everyone bash's the ford racing cams, they are ground from stock cams...

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
I want to know how much horse power the stock cam can make, And what is the fastest 1/4 mile time some one has recorded on the factory 5.0 Roller cam. 89-93 motor's The answer can include 1.6,1.7,or1.72 rockers That is fine.
Naturally aspirated, forced induction or nitrous?

·
Registered
148 Posts
the cam isnt the worst restriction with a stock engine
lots of other problems to fix first
there was a car craft article where they had a stock bottom end+cam and added some afr heads with a 650 holley and made like 430hp at the crank

something like that cant find it on theyre site now tho..

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
theres no real answer to this question........because someone can drop 25k into a 5.0 and leave the stock cam and still make 500+ horsepower

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
There are definitely people running moderate twin turbo setups in the 9s with a stock shortblock and cam...they don't last very long though.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I was talking 1/4 mile times

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
A close friend of mine has gone 10.00s @ 135mph with a stock cammed 5.0L and a single T76. He complains that he can go ALOT faster, but the block is holding him back from regular 9 second passes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts