Modded Mustang Forums banner

Ford should bring back the Mustang II as a retro Model

• I just love the Mustang II and would marry one if I could!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I named my son Mustang II with middle name King Cobra!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
was the OP a troll, or was this a serious thread?

·
Registered
141 Posts
was the OP a troll, or was this a serious thread?
Doesn't much matter to me. I'm willing to go with it:cool:

1rnkpny: I already have the Heddmans, and just need to modify that stupid under-the-X-member pipe into the more traditional (AKA:NON-pavement pounding) routing. I'll be running dual 32" glasspacks and side dumps, which should give a nice rumbling deep idle, and scream like a mofo when it hits 3k. Very similar to the setup on my buddy's Monroe Handler.

As it sits with the stock manifolds, no cats, and single 1 3/4" tailpipe, its restricted enough that I can feel individual exhaust pulses 8' out from the rear bumper. Good for separating the dust from the gravel in my driveway, but that's not my goal:no

·
Registered
141 Posts
Let's see if this works...

My buddy's Monroe Handler (currently for sale at $40k...) I was driving the camera car..

YouTube - forgottenpony2's Channel

Not mentioned in the video:
shaved door handles on LAMBO doors
16" Crown Vic mags on 5-lug conversion
68 302 with Holley 600 DP, Blackjack long-tube headers and dual 32" glasspacks
C4 trans
Heidt's front suspension

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Personally, I did't think the car is that good looking. The rear of the car looks way out of place with the swoop up look to the rear spoiler. Yours looks way better than that one Coyote.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Personally, I did't think the car is that good looking. The rear of the car looks way out of place with the swoop up look to the rear spoiler. Yours looks way better than that one Coyote.
Thanks.

I tend to agree with ya on the body kit for the Handlers (I much prefer the lines of the Kemp Cobras), but in person, the look is actually not too bad, especially with the 4" wider track and wide tires on it:cool:

·
FORDMUSTANGSVTCOBRASHELBY
100 Posts
I can't believe this thread has been dead for 2 years!

I like the look of the Kemp better except for the back fo the front fender, the way it just dumps! The Monroe Handler really took a serious look at aerodynamics. Look at the other race cars from that era. Most of them were pretty blocky & stocky.

Also, the M2s were known as the Mustang with the best fit & finish since the inception of the Mustang.

I wouldn't want a retro model, Dodge has done that already by putting a Mustang 2 grill on the new Charger R/T. Don't believe me, just look up the pictures!

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
^ why would you bump a two year old thread?

Either way the only thing those cars were good for were the front ends imo.

·
100 Posts
I just joined here and found the thread interesting enough to post in.

M2s get a really bad rap.. mostly because they went back to the intention of the original pony car; a fun little car that was stylish & affordable. Just look at how th eMustangs started, the product line did not start as race cars. And the M2s had better fit & finish then all of the previous years.

Shelby almost killed the brand after he derailed it from its original intention.

Don't get me wrong. I'd much rather have a 69 Shelby than a 78 king cobra. But the M2 did a good job of fulfilling its purpose for the 5 years they were made.

·
100 Posts
I was just building my own GT500 on Ford's website and it hit me as I was looking at the pictures...

The 2011 Shelby GT500 looks quite a bit like the front of the Mustang 2. Look at the upper & lower grills.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

·
Registered
129 Posts
The mid-70s were not exactly the high-point of automotive excellence, regardless of the brand/model. If memory serves, wasn't the Mustang II Motor Trend's car of the year? I can remember the days when you couldn't give a classic Mach 1 away...who knows, the II's might be a hot collector car one day:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
the mustang II is the best sleeper car ever. my buddy has one that is rusted , and clear coated, with a 429 cobrajet runs 10.12 sec quarter, and is street legal

·
Registered
129 Posts
1977 Mustang Cobra II white with red stripes. beautiful car. my dad had one. bought it brand new from the factory. underrated car really, the ones with the side stripes up high were ugly, but low on the bottom looked great, especially with the optional chrome emblems and such.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts