Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently got an 05 gt and was looking to start modding it and i was gonna gonna go with an exhaust i dont have much money so i was going with an axel-back and i was wondering what is your opinion of a nice axel-back exhaust for the gt.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
If all you want is loud, then don't buy axlebacks. Buy the pypes o/r h-pipe from brenspeed.com. It's only $175 shipped and it will make your car a lot louder! If that still isn't what you want then the loudest axleback are probably the slp loudmouths. You don't want the loudmouth if you plan on doing the rest of your exhaust later. It will just be to obnoxious and annouying loud. I think the best sound/loudness mufflers you can buy would have to be the pypes mid-muffler catback. It's $299.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The drone gets old quick. I have the Corsa system and it has a great WOT sound but NO drone on the highway. Kinda of pricey, but after seeing some of the others I can understand why. I looked at the Pypes kit and was really disappointed in the workmanship and quality. Makes no sense to have a $30K car and put a chincy exhaust on it. Kooks headers have really impressed me and I will probably add them in the near future with some Magnaflow hi-flow cats. My dealer is pretty cool with mods but they are picky about the cats.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
boomtubes $299 from brenspeed

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
SLP loudmouth's FTW!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I agree, with stock setup they aren't bad, I had them on with o/r x-pipe and l/t's I liked it but the cops didn't

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
hey man if i was want to get a cat-back could i get it now and get and x-pipe and headers later?
Yes, but you don't need a catback on the S197s, an axle back will be fine, with a cat back all you are doing is replacing pipes that are already on your car with pipes that do't flow any better.

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you are looking for a reasonable good sounding exhaust Pypes is the place.I got the pypes Violator Cat Back and emissions leagal x pipe for like $350 and then the pypes off road x for an additional $160.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts