Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna know what the best kind of battery is to put in my 1995 GT without having to relocate, I had an optima in my explorer and put it in the mustang to move it and couldn't close the hood. Let me know, gotta order soon for my build in early april.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
you mean your looking for a bigger battery than a stock replacement??

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i have the yellow top in the stock postion right now..i just need to run the cable and vent the battery box out of my trunk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First of all i don't want to pay $170 to relocate the battery when its not needed and second of all I tried an optima red top in it and my hood didn't shut. Do they make smaller red tops? I try to search for my vehicle and it comes up with nothing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the "Titanium" from Advance Auto is one of the better deals around for about $77. It has plenty of output to crank a pretty stout motor, and unless you need to run a few huge amps or install your battery on its side, the Optima seems overkill to me.
Plus, the Optima is a sort of rig, as they make a few generic sizes, and then adapters to fit applications, there is no battery as short as the stock size dimensionally, there are one or two that do fit. I think you need to get one close to a 58 or 34 battery class for dimensions to be close.
On a side note, just what I heard, no personal experience, but friends that had Optimas told me once you fully drain them, ie lights left on all day that they are typically dead forever, so you need to take it back for a warranty replacement. Someone with Optima experience please chime in to set that story straight.
Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts