Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after driving one of my buddys mercedes all week and then driving my car I realized how much mustang brakes suck. So i was looking at americanmuscle.com and was wondering which brakes were better the cobra brakes or the mach1 brakes does anybody know or are their others even better around $1k for a full kit?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
The Cobra and Mach 1 brakes are the same just different logos. The 13" front brake upgrade is compatible with standard rear GT brakes. The rear brake kit upgrades the rotor from 10.5" to 11.5" but uses the same calipers and pads as the GT. I went with 13" Cobra front brakes and high performance GT rear brakes.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The Cobra and Mach 1 brakes are the same just different logos. The 13" front brake upgrade is compatible with standard rear GT brakes. The rear brake kit upgrades the rotor from 10.5" to 11.5" but uses the same calipers and pads as the GT. I went with 13" Cobra front brakes and high performance GT rear brakes.

+ 1 They are the exact same thing. Get the cobra/mach1 kit and go with hawk pads front and rear, throw in some braided brake lines and dot 5 fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts