Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so im looken at CAI's for my gt and im down to 2 there pricey tho but worth it, both come with a sct tunner and free tuns for life.

one is Steeda Mustang Complete Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Kit and SCT SF3 Custom Tuner Combo (05-09 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

and the other is JLT 05-09 Mustang GT Cold Air Intake & SCT SF3 Combo at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

in your opinion witch one is better, is it worth the extra $200 for carbon fiber, im leaning toward that one but its so freaken expenisve. whats ur word on it

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
JLT is cheap $200
but i would get it with a better tune than from AM.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I would get the Steeda from those choices, or a C&L Racer. A tune/racer combo from Brenspeed is only like 50 bucks more than a JLT. I really don't want to elaborate because I'm not too fond of talking negatively about products, so let's just say that I'm not so happy with my JLT.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
PM AMNick for the discount code and buy it from AM... it wont be cheaper anywhere else... customer service is amazing and AM will meet and go beyond your satisfaction needs.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Yeah, wouldn't it just have the JLT canned tune from AM? If you go with VMP, Bama, or Brenspeed you'd have a much better tune.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
well i guess it would make more sense but for me.. customer service sells it so i am more than willing to pay a couple more bucks and stay loyal with the vendor.

bamachips, brenspeed, vmptuning, trick tuners.... choices... choices...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Youngin, I'll agree that AM has awesome customer service, but so does Brenspeed.

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
C&L for sure, that's what i'm gonna be getting to replace my AIRAID, Talk to Rich from RADMustangs...he's pretty good to the forum customers

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The steeda is trusted by Ford racing since they used to make the FRPP one and if Ford will trust them with an engine then that is good enough for me.....and they supposedly have a lower underhood temperature than the rest...

·
Registered
144 Posts
k so im looken at CAI's for my gt and im down to 2 there pricey tho but worth it, both come with a sct tunner and free tuns for life.

one is Steeda Mustang Complete Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Kit and SCT SF3 Custom Tuner Combo (05-09 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

and the other is JLT 05-09 Mustang GT Cold Air Intake & SCT SF3 Combo at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

in your opinion witch one is better, is it worth the extra $200 for carbon fiber, im leaning toward that one but its so freaken expenisve. whats ur word on it
Since your in S. Cal, you will fail Smog with any mod to your engine, exhaust, or fuel system which does not have a CARB aproved sticker. You could always remove it before inspection. But if a cop wants to pop your hood, and its on there, your screwed.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
JLT, steeda, C&L will give comparable gains. like stated above, brenspeed, VMP, BAMA will get better power gains than AM. i havent had a steeda or C&L, but i can tell you for a fact that the JLT will install in less than 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I believe that the Steeda comes with a CARB aproved sticker

1 - 20 of 26 Posts