Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 02 I had JLT, which seemed to be the best rated, and had the best gains supposedly. Anyway for the 05+ I see alot of different opinions, but the 2 with the best gains seem to be Steeda, and C&L, while JLT, BBK & AEM are runners up. So which CAI do you guys thinks the best?? Or which do you prefer?? And what were your personal HP & TQ gains??

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
JLT by far is the best

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
+1

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
in the CAI comparison project JLT got the most gains and C&L came in a close second.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
they had one for the S197's too, i dont know if it was the 5.0 mag though. i'll look for it.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
JLT is number 1 baby hahaha FTW!!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
ill be the odd man out. Steeda FTW.

SCT themselves said that they see the most gains with steeda. Go to their website, they say they gained as much as 38hp with the steeda cai and inlet tube. mm&ff also said the steeda showed the coolest inlet air temp and they shaved the most in 1/4 mile time, that was with just the cai, no tune.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have C&L RACER..... I love the look, and power gains are very comparable to JLT....

C&L RACER - FTW

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Shouldn't the C&L Racer have better gains than the JLT, considering the Racer Intake wasn't even made yet when the testing comparison was being done.
It would depend on the mods to the car. with normal bolt ons you probably would not see more gains with the racer then the regular true flow. you would need to be modded to a level that your car really could use the extra air.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
the racer uses a 95mm MAF inlet.. if i'm not mistaken, the JLT is 86mm. stock is 80mm and flows 500cfm. JLT and C&L are both flowing over 1000+cfm. keep in mind the throttle body itself has a combined size of 124mm i think so 95mm to is less restictive.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
the racer uses a 95mm MAF inlet.. if i'm not mistaken, the JLT is 86mm. stock is 80mm and flows 500cfm. JLT and C&L are both flowing over 1000+cfm. keep in mind the throttle body itself has a combined size of 124mm i think so 95mm to is less restictive.

your right. I have just read that without some other serious mods, like cams, or long tubes or something, people were not seeing any additional gains with the racer intake over the true flow c&l or JLT. could be wrong i dont know.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yup... i cant wait till F.A.S.T or C&L release their new intake manifold ...... :tomato

1 - 20 of 132 Posts